Job Posting Location: https://westlibertyuniversity.bamboohr.com/careers/248
West Liberty University, established in 1837, was the first institution of higher education in West Virginia. We are a dynamic, inclusive, student-centered community that cultivates scholarly exploration, experiential learning, creative expression, and global citizenship.
West Liberty University Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) invites applications from a diverse group of qualified applicants for the position of full time Assistant Professor in the Bachelor of Science Speech Pathology & Audiology program and Master of Science education program in Speech-Language Pathology. This position is a 9-month tenure- track, faculty appointment. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Developing and teaching didactic academic courses in CSD curriculum, including undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Developing and executing a line of scholarly research that results in dissemination of knowledge.
- Incorporates scholarly evidence-based research into the program.
- Research and write grants.
- Completing service to the program, college, university, and our profession.
- Recording and analyzing assessment data regarding student achievement.
- Participation in departmental meetings, graduation ceremonies, and other meetings or events, as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Chair of CSD.
- Modeling WLU’s mission through dedicated job performance, service excellence to constituencies, and respectful collaboration.
- Fostering an education environment supportive of the department’s mission.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Ph.D./ Ed. D. (preferred) or Master’s in Speech-Language Pathology, communication sciences and disorders, and/or other
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech- Language Pathology from the American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association (CCC-SLP) is required.
- Within good standing with the West Virginia Board of Examiners in Speech-Language and Audiology
- Demonstrate a minimum of 2 hours of professional development in clinical education in accordance with the new 2020 speech-language pathology certification standards.
- A minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in the discipline of speech-language pathology.
- A minimum of 2 years of clinical education experience is a benefit
- Excellent communication skills and thorough knowledge of speech and hearing curriculum.
- Familiarity with CAA accreditation standards.
- Demonstrate a successful record of clinical teaching, scholarship, and/or service to the profession.
- Show enthusiasm to engage in scholarship and professional development opportunities specific to the area of clinical education.
- Exhibit knowledge and skills in the areas of evidence-based models of care, inter-professional education, critical thinking as it pertains to the clinical teaching-learnings environment, and clinical teaching models.
- Experience working with a diverse range of clients and students.
- Interest in recruitment, retention, and advising students.
The full and complete application should include:
- A letter of intent outlining your experience in clinical education and your desire to obtain the role at West Liberty University.
- A complete curriculum vitae outlining your scholarship, teaching, and service experiences.
- Three professional letters of recommendation.
- Copies of transcripts of all graduate and undergraduate work.
Why you should apply:
West Liberty University offers generous benefits, including approximately 2 days of annual leave (vacation) per month and 12-13 paid holidays. Visit the WLU Benefit Page for more details: https://westliberty.edu/human-resources/employee-benefits
For the academic year employees, their dependents, and spouses are eligible for a 100% waiver for undergraduate tuition and only employees are eligible for 50% waiver for graduate tuition for certain programs.
Free use of the Wellness facilities and free admission into all WLU events with your employee Topper Card.
West Liberty University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all interested individuals. Individuals who need assistance in the application process may contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Liberty University does not sponsor work visas. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Successfully passing a background screening report is required for final employment.
West Liberty University is a tobacco free campus.
Contact Email : email@example.com
Instructions : https://westlibertyuniversity.bamboohr.com/careers/248