Associate Professor - Tenure Track
The Department of Communication Disorders in the College of Health, Education, and Social Transformation invites applications for a nine-month, tenure-track position as Associate Professor/Graduate Program Director with an anticipated start date of August 2024.
The Communication Disorders department at NMSU (https://cd.nmsu.edu/) offers a diverse, dynamic and welcoming learning and working environment. Faculty within the department are expected to carry a 2/2 teaching load, engage in research, and provide service to the department, college and university.
New Mexico State University is a comprehensive land-grant institution of higher learning accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Universities. An active research university, NMSU anchors the southern end of New Mexico’s Rio Grande Research Corridor. NMSU is classified as a Hispanic-serving institution by the federal government with a total minority enrollment over 48%. NMSU is an EEO/AA employer and is located in sunny Las Cruces, NM.
- Ph.D. in Speech and Hearing Sciences, Communication Sciences and Disorders, or a closely-related field.
- Candidates must show evidence of an active research program and publication record commensurate with the level of Associate Professor.
- Record of successful teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Research and teaching interests include but are not limited to:
- Voice Disorders
- Fluency Disorders
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech Language Hearing Association is desired but not required.
- Leadership and administrative experience and familiarity with CAA accreditation standards.
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 575-646-2385
Instructions : To submit your application (Letter of Interest, CV, Statement of Research Interest, Statement of Teaching Interest, Diversity Statement) and a complete position description, please go to: https://careers.nmsu.edu/jobs/assc-prof-las-cruces-new-mexico-united-states-402d42b7-f60a-4ef8-97d6-f7007cca8e2b
Application Deadline : 1/3/2024
Contact Name : Heike Lehnert-LeHouillier
Contact Address : 1405 International Mall
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM 88003