Director of Distance Education -Audiology
Salus University's Osborne College of Audiology is seeking a skilled professional to fill the full-time administrative position - Director of Distance Education (Audiology).
The primary function of this position is to develop and direct the College of Audiology's Distance Education (DE) programs.
As a full-time administrator, the selected individual will participate in college activities related to Distance Education programs. Other duties include (but are not limited to):
- National and international educational and needs assessment;
- Develop, design, obtain approval and implement all DE academic programs;
- Exploration of all national and international professional relationships and alliances with potential strategic and financial partners;
- Design and develop online programs for post-professional degrees, certificate programs, and workshops including curriculum, syllabi, and learning objectives; and submission to the University for approval;
- Worldwide recruitment;
- Training and monitoring of DE faculty;
- Advising and coordination of online students;
- Creation of, and updates to, online program pro forma;
- Marketing, advertising and management of DE programs to include DE courses and faculty performance evaluations and assessments.
This position will work on campus (Elkins Park, PA) and will also be required to travel (both national and international) to support development of new programs, the marketing of programs, student recruitment and participating in convention exhibits.
- Doctoral degree in audiology or related field
Experience, Skills and Other Requirements:
- At least five (5) years' experience in academic setting to specifically include academic administration
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the current state of worldwide audiology education and vision for the desirable future of audiology education
Other Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Clinical skills in Hearing aid Technologies/Cochlear Implants/Vestibular & Balance Disorders.
- Positive attitude and negotiation skills to understand and proactively resolve conflicts which may develop in the process of striving to achieve the goals as specified for the distance education programs.
- Experience in distance education programs including:
- Market research
- Program development
- Proforma program development
- Curriculum development
- Program approval process
- Faculty recruitment, training and retention
- Student recruitment and retention
For any additional questions about this position, please contact Radhika Aravamudhan, Dean of College of Audiology: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salus University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women/Minorities/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability or other legally protected status.
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 2157801528
Instructions : Please apply using this link:
Application Deadline : 4/30/2024
Contact Name : Radhika Aravamudhan
Contact Address : Radhika Aravamudhan, PhD., EdD., CCC-A., FAAA (she, her, hers)
Dean, Osborne College of Audiology
8360 Old York Road
Elkins Park, PA-19027