Postdoctoral Fellow, Multilingual Aphasia & Dementia Research Lab (UT Austin)
The Multilingual Aphasia and Dementia Research Lab at the University of Texas, Austin (MADR Lab, PI: Stephanie Grasso, PhD, CCC-SLP) is seeking to fill a postdoctoral research position. Research in the MADR Lab focuses on developing treatment approaches for bilingual adults (Spanish-Catalan; English-Spanish) with progressive aphasia, on better characterizing the manifestation of aphasia and neurodegenerative disorders in individuals from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and addresses bilingualism as a contributor to cognitive and neural reserve. Both research sites utilize current approaches in cognitive neuroscience, neuroimaging, and cognitive rehabilitation to address these issues. This position is based in Austin, Texas and includes the possibility of traveling for site visits in Barcelona, Catalonia. This position is currently funded for two years. The position may be used to fulfill requirements for the Clinical Fellowship in speech-language pathology.
This position will be directly involved with an NIH-funded clinical trial in collaboration with Hospital de Sant Pau’s Memory Unit (Barcelona; co-PI: Miguel Ángel Santos Santos, MD, PhD).
- Conducting data analyses and generation of presentations and manuscripts from research findings
- Organization of data and managing databases shared across labs
- Participant screening, assessment, and possibly treatment for studies examining the nature and management of progressive aphasia and related disorders
- Supervision of undergraduate and Master’s level students
- a doctoral degree in speech-language pathology or a related field, received within the last three years.
- English proficiency
- a publication record and/or clinical record that reflects experience with cognitive neuroscience, neurorehabilitation, neurogenic communication disorders, bilingualism or related areas
- experience with collecting and analyzing behavioral data
- ability to travel internationally
- strong or fluent-like Spanish
- strong or fluent-like Catalan
- prior experience interacting with individuals with aphasia in a research or clinical setting (in person or teletherapy)
- experience managing multi-site data collection workflows
- experience using R for data analyses and experience specifically with linear-mixed effects regression models
- experience conducting neuroimaging analyses
- experience applying for external funding
Salary Range: $60,000 + depending on qualifications
You can learn more and apply here.
Contact Email : email@example.com