Speech-Language Pathology Program Director
The Department of Communication Disorders in the School of Allied Health Professions at the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans seeks candidates for a Program Director for the speech-language pathology program. Responsibilities include teaching, research, and service. A strong teaching background and activity in research is preferred in the areas of voice/fluency/aural rehabilitation/AAC. The department offers a Master of Communication Disorders degree in Speech-Language Pathology and a Doctor of Audiology degree. Both programs are accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA).
The SLP Program Director will:
- Oversee operations of the LSU Speech-Language Clinic.
- Teach academic coursework in masters of Speech-Language Pathology curriculum. Special interest/experience in the areas of voice, fluency, AAC or aural rehabilitation is preferred, but consideration for all areas will be given.
- Adhere to CAA (accreditation), CFCC (certification), state and federal requirements for clinical programs.
- Facilitate curriculum reviews to maintain excellence and align with accreditation standards.
- Complete annual accreditation reports.
- Update program handbook to reflect CAA and CFCC standards, state regulations, and university and school policies and procedures.
- Foster a positive department environment that supports excellent teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Participate in School of Allied Health Administrative Council meetings, monthly faculty meetings and other university and school special events.
- Participate and contribute to scholarly work.
- Supervise SLP graduate students in clinic.
- Participate in departmental, school, and university, and professional committee service.
- Works closely with Department Head regarding program implementation.
- Work closely with SLP Clinical Coordinator to ensure clinical education requirements are complete.
Apply online at:
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 5044684337
Instructions : Apply online at:
Application Deadline : 1/15/2024
Contact Name : Annette Hurley
Contact Address : SAHP
Dept. of COMD
1900 Gravier Street,
New Orleans, LA 70112