Visiting Clinical Coordinator
The Department of Communication Disorders at the State University of New York at New Paltz (SUNY New Paltz) invites applications for a 12-month visiting clinical coordinator position beginning in fall of 2023. The primary responsibilities are the coordination of speech language pathology services in the SUNY New Paltz Speech-Language & Hearing Center and oversight of graduate students’ clinical education experience, including off-site placements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee administrative functions for on-site speech-language pathology services, including scheduling of evaluations and therapy sessions, maintaining supplies, tests, materials, and facilitating clinical team meetings.
- Coordinate externship placement of students in off-site practica, including maintaining contact with placement supervisors and obtaining and maintaining contracts for clinical affiliations, as needed.
- Provide direct clinical supervision in select on-site and/or off-site clinical practicum sections.
- Collaborate and consult with clinical and academic faculty to foster student clinical learning.
- Participate in routine departmental activities, including clinical coordinator meetings and in departmental service committees, as needed.
- Work with department chair and graduate coordinator to hire and coordinate part-time clinical faculty, as needed.
- Related administrative and instructional responsibilities, as assigned.
- Master’s degree or doctorate in speech-language pathology
- A minimum of three years’ clinical experience
- ASHA certification in speech-language pathology
- NYS licensure in SLP
- Completion of a minimum of two continuing education hours in supervision by the start date
- A commitment to clinical education that integrates clinical and classroom experiences and focuses on evidence-based practice
- A strong record of clinical practice including experience-in clinical supervision and administration
Special Instructions to Applicants
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Electronic submissions required. Candidates will be required to electronically submit:
- cover letter
- contact information for three professional references
Please apply by visiting https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/2082
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; priority given to applications received before 8/25/23
Other important information about this vacancy
This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country. The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
SUNY New Paltz recognizes the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work here is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members—students, faculty and staff. The College’s commitment to inclusive excellence is an important part of our mission of public education and our culture. New Paltz continues to work on building a community that supports freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support these values of diversity and inclusiveness and candidates of all diverse backgrounds who wish to participate in our cultural aspirations are welcome and encouraged to apply.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (Clery Report) at https://www.newpaltz.edu/police/clery-compliance/annual-security-and-fire-safety-reports/
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 8452573453
Instructions : Please apply by visiting https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/2082
Application Deadline : 8/25/2023
Contact Name : Anne Balant
Contact Address : Please apply by visiting https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/2082