12 month Full-Time Tenure-Track Audiology Faculty
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Sacramento State is searching for two (2) 12 month, full-time, tenure-track Audiology faculty.
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Sacramento State has been an education and training facility since 1952 for students preparing for careers in speech-language pathology and audiology. Through the campus based Maryjane Rees Language, Speech and Hearing Center, graduate students evaluate and treat communication disorders under close supervision by faculty who are nationally certified and state licensed speech-language pathologists and audiologists. The Department offers the Bachelor of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders, the Second Bachelor of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSAD2B-CCE), the Master of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders, and the Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.) degrees.
For more information about this department: https://www.csus.edu/college/health-human-services/communication-sciences-disorders/.
• Teaching a variety of Undergraduate and Graduate Coursework in Communication Science and Disorders including graduate-level audiology clinical methods and didactic courses.
• Clinical supervision in the university’s clinic and/or off-campus clinical sites, if applicable.
• Academic advisement of undergraduate and graduate students
• Scholarly activities, including pursuing research agendas that support student doctoral projects
• Service on student doctoral project committees
• Service on Department, College, and University committees
• Service to the campus and the community
• Liaison to local professional networks in audiology
• AuD (with documented research experience), Au.D/Ph.D., or Ph.D. in Audiology, Hearing Science, or related field. ABD will be considered, but all requirements for the doctorate must be completed by appointment date
• Potential for teaching in higher education
• Evidence of research and scholarly activities, such as peer-reviewed presentations, peer-reviewed publications, and grants
• Potential for university and community service
• Demonstrated ability to interact and work with students, staff, and colleagues in a diverse academic community
• Potential for participation in department and university committees
• Current FAAA (Fellow of the American Academy of Audiology)
• Previous clinical experience
• Possession of or immediately eligible for California state licensure in audiology and hearing aid dispenser license
• Possession of or immediately eligible for ASHA CCC-A (ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology)
• Three or more years of experience with clinical supervision
Open Until Filled Initial Application Review: 2/1/2021
For full description and application instructions, please visit: https://csus.peopleadmin.com/postings/5179
Contact Name : Dr. Laura Gaeta
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 916-278-4701
Application Deadline : 2/1/2021