A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Health Sciences (ATSU-ASHS) invites applications for a full-time faculty member in the inaugural program in speech-language pathology in the Department of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology. We are seeking vibrant and innovative individuals at the assistant or associate professor level. Appointment will be for 12 months with rank and salary commensurate with academic credentials and experience. Position to begin July of 2022.
The cornerstone of the inaugural speech-language pathology program is the education of bilingual speech-language pathologists and clinicians with a focus in culturally responsive practices. The new faculty member should value diversity, interprofessional practice and education, and support the mission of the university for whole person healthcare dedicated to providing an education to meet the needs of a diverse student body and healthcare community.
We are seeking faculty with expertise in neuroscience and neurogenic communication disorders. Areas of interest may include fluency disorders, motor speech disorders (e.g. apraxia, dysarthria) in adults, and/or voice disorders. The program provides state-of the art medical speech pathology instrumentation and equipment.
Individuals with strong research portfolios are especially desired. The program seeks to develop a rich scholarly environment for its students supported by the research and grantsmanship of the faculty.
Responsibilities include graduate teaching both on-campus and virtual, maintaining an active research agenda, academic advising, oversight of student research projects, professional and scholarly activities, and service to the university and community. The program will not have an on-campus clinic, but engagement in the support of student clinical experiences is required. The ideal candidate will also be interested in participating in collaborative clinical and research programs.
Candidates at the Assistant Professor level must:
- Have earned a doctoral degree in communication sciences and disorders or a related field by the start of fall 2022;
- Demonstrate clear evidence of potential to develop an active and productive research program;
- Demonstrate clear evidence of potential to obtain external funding;
- Provide evidence that suggests the ability to teach effectively at the college level.
Candidates at the Associate level must:
- Demonstrate an active and productive research program in the candidate’s area of interest and departmental needs;
- Demonstrate an established record of external funding or viable attempts to obtain external funding;
- Demonstrate a record of effective teaching at the post-secondary level.
- Candidates with expertise in bilingualism and/or bilingual candidates (Spanish/English preferred) are encouraged to apply
- Evidence of a commitment to culturally responsive practices in diverse and inclusive contexts and communities
- PhD in communication sciences and disorders
- Demonstrated commitment to working across disciplinary boundaries
- Clinical practice experience
- Doctoral degree in communication sciences and disorders or related field
- Eligibility for the CCC-SLP
- Eligibility for licensure in the state of Arizona
Evaluation of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For specific questions, please contact the chair of the committee, Maria Centeno-Vazquez at email@example.com.
Interested applicants may apply here: atsu.edu/ashs-1804
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is the founding institution of osteopathic healthcare, established in 1892 by Andrew Taylor Still. As a leading health sciences university, ATSU is comprised of two campuses (Kirksville, Mo., and Mesa, Ariz.) on more than 200 acres with six prestigious schools. The culturally rich learning environments include residential and online healthcare related graduate degrees as well as community-based partnerships worldwide. ATSU has more than 1,300 employees dedicated to its not-for-profit mission and an average annual enrollment of over 3,100 students from 35 countries.
ATSU is renowned for its preeminence as a multidisciplinary healthcare educator. The University is focused on integrating the founding tenets of osteopathic medicine and the advancing knowledge of today's science. ATSU continually earns distinctions as the graduate health sciences university with best-in-class curriculum and a community outreach mission to serve the underserved. The University has a rich history of leadership in both healthcare education and correlated research.
ATSU instills within students the compassion, experience and knowledge required to address the whole person and shape healthcare in communities where needs are greatest.
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 4802196129