The Communication Sciences and Disorders program at Kansas State University seeks a full-time, 9-month, assistant/associate professor (tenure track) or teaching assistant/associate professor (non-tenure track) to begin August 2023. Expertise and experience across the lifespan with preferred focus on one or more of the following areas: voice, language, fluency, AAC and/or speech sound disorders.
Responsibilities for either tenure-track or a non-tenure track candidate will be to: (a) teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels; (b) mentor graduate students in clinical aspects of their professional development; (c) advise graduate students; and (d) provide service to the program, department, college, and university. Additionally, a tenure-track candidate is expected to develop/maintain a productive research program in area of expertise.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
· Ph.D. in Communication Sciences and Disorders or a closely related field (ABD considered with Ph.D. completion date of May 2024)
· Ability to conduct an active program of research in areas of expertise, publish, and seek external funding (tenure-track only)
· Accomplished instructor for undergraduate and graduate courses
· Ability to mentor and develop undergraduate and graduate students in academic and clinical settings
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills for collaboration and inter-professional education opportunities
· Record of research activity, publications, and external funding in area of expertise
· Experience with diverse populations and/or evidence of cultural competence
· Possess CCC-SLP and eligibility for Kansas Licensure
· Relevant professional/clinical experience
This 9-month, assistant/associate professor (tenure track) or teaching assistant/associate professor (non-tenure track) has a proposed starting date of August 2023 with highly competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Submit application
· Curriculum vita
· Cover letter addressing qualifications
· Statement of teaching philosophy
· Statement of research/scholarship interest and plans (tenure-track)
· Contact information for three references
Initial review of applications will begin on December 1, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled. Inquiries about the position should be directed to the search committee chair, Kristin Pelczarski, PhD, CCC-SLP; email@example.com (Subject line: Assistant/Associate Professor in CSD Search).
Kansas State University actively seeks diversity among its employees and is an Equal Opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Passage of a pre-employment criminal background check will be required of the final candidate.
Contact Name : Kristin Pelczarski
Contact Address : 1405 Campus Creek Road
Manhattan, KS 66506
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 785-532-6879
Application Deadline : 12/1/2022