Assistant/Associate Professor, Autism Spectrum Disorders
The Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) Program in the Curry School of Education and Human Development at the University of Virginia is seeking applicants for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Education. This is a 9-month salaried tenure-track/tenured position in the department of Human Services.
We seek an experienced researcher with a strong record of publication and demonstrated potential for external funding in the area of Autism Spectrum Disorders. This individual is expected to engage in collaborative, externally funded research with faculty participating in the pan-university STAR initiative (Supporting Transformative Autism Research). The University of Virginia offers a rich intellectual and scientific environment for autism research, including the STAR initiative, the UVA Brain Institute, and UVA Data Sciences Institute, which were developed to promote cutting-edge interdisciplinary research and collaboration. Specific resources are available through the STAR program to support development, coordination, and implementation of interdisciplinary autism research. Opportunities for collaboration and clinical research are also available through the Sheila C. Johnson Center for Human Services, UVA Children’s Hospital Clinics (Battle Building), and UVA Neurology and Psychiatry Clinics, which provide clinical services for individuals with ASD from childhood through early adulthood, and through collaboration with community partners and programs (including the Virginia Institute of Autism). Duties include teaching at the undergraduate, masters and doctoral levels, mentoring of students, and contributing service to the program, department and school.
Required qualifications and experience:
- PhD in Speech-Language Pathology; Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences; or a closely related field
- An explicit and demonstrated commitment to teaching, research, and/or service that contributes to advancing understanding and outcomes for underrepresented groups
- Assistant level: evidence of scholarship that has potential to lead to extramural funding
- Associate level: record of scholarly productivity and effective teaching, national standing in one's disciplines or professions, and a proven record of obtaining extramural funding.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Experience in interdisciplinary research and in collaborating with community partners are strongly preferred.
Review of applications will begin November 1, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. The link to the position posting in UVA Workday is:
Contact Name : LaVae Hoffman, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Contact Address : University of Virginia<br />Communication Disorders Program<br />Box 400270<br />Charlottesville, VA 22908-0781<br />
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : (434) 924-4618
Instructions : Apply for this position through UVA Workday: https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs/job/Charlottesville-VA/Assistant-Associate-Professor-of-Education--Curry-School-of-Education-and-Human-Development_R0010416