Assistant/Associate Professor - Communication Sciences and Disorders
Assistant/Associate Professor (Tenure-Track)
Communication Sciences and Disorders
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Adelphi University seeks applicants for a tenure track faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level, to begin Spring 2020 or Fall 2020. The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders (https://education-csd.adelphi.edu/) offers degrees at the bachelors, masters, and doctoral levels. The Department offers a vibrant and diverse clinical and research atmosphere where academic and clinical faculty are dedicated to providing students with the highest level of professional training in the classroom, at our on-campus Hy Weinberg Center for Communication Disorders, and in the New York metropolitan community.
- Applicants must demonstrate evidence of/or potential for teaching (graduate and doctoral levels), research, and clinical expertise in at least two of the following areas: adult language, motor speech disorders, dysphagia, and anatomy and physiology of the speech mechanism.
- Applicants for the position must have earned a doctorate in speech-language pathology from an accredited institution (strong ABDs will be considered).
- Hold the ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP).
- Hold or be eligible for New York State Licensure in speech-language pathology.
- Applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statements of teaching and research interests, and contact information for three references.
- Three confidential letters of recommendations should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- Informal inquiries concerning the position are welcome and should be sent to Dr. Susan Hendler Lederer by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (516-877-4781).
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
Contact Name : Human Resources
Contact Address : One South Avenue , Garden City, NY 11530-0701
Contact Email : n/a
Contact Phone : n/a
Instructions : To apply, visit https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2338
Application Deadline : 12/31/2020