The position of Assistant/Associate Professor (Professor) requires an individual who can provide excellence in teaching to students in the Masters of Science in Speech-Language Pathology Program (Program). The Professor must be committed to the centrality of a Trine University education. The Professor should have a deep understanding of speech-language pathology and its clinical practice. The Professor must also have a strong desire for the students to excel and succeed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach the standard graduate faculty load in the classroom, clinical, and/or laboratory setting as assigned.
- Develop and implement curriculum for assigned courses.
- Post and maintain a regular schedule of at least ten (10) office hours per week.
- Stay current in the field of speech language pathology.
- Develop and maintain clinical practice, if applicable, to support the practicum of the Program's students.
- Pursue scholarly research and growth on an ongoing basis.
- Advise students regarding academic, curricular and career matters.
- Participate in student recruitment and admissions activities.
- Serve on University committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A PhD in Speech Language Pathology preferred
- Candidates must be ASHA certified, and licensed or eligible to be licensed as a speech language pathologist in the State of Indiana. They must also be able to travel from campus to clinic, and have experience supervising students in clinical education activities, either in the academic or clinical environment.
- 2 years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the graduate level along with appropriate leadership, research, and service experience preferred.
- A proven record of teaching excellence.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with MS-SLP program development, administration, and ASHA accreditation.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
Rank and salary will be based on qualifications.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Contact Name : Chanda Lichtsinn
Contact Address : 9910 DuPont Circle Drive E. Suite 130, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46825
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 12607028018
Application Deadline : 1/1/2022