Assistant/Associate Professor of Audiology
|Job Title||Tenure Track Faculty - Audiology|
|Job Code||2361-Faculty -12 month|
|Full/Part Time||Full Time|
|Tenure Information||Tenure Track|
|Salary||Salary is dependent upon qualifications and professional experience|
|Department||Communication Science & Disorders|
|Hiring Department Summary|
Sacramento State has been an education and training facility since 1952 for students preparing for careers in speech-language pathology and audiology. Through the campus based Maryjane Rees Language, Speech and Hearing Center, graduate students evaluate and treat communication disorders under close supervision by faculty who are nationally certified and state licensed speech-language pathologists or audiologists.
• Teaching a variety of Undergraduate and Graduate Coursework in Communication Science and Disorders including graduate-level audiology clinical methods and didactic courses.
• Clinical supervision in the university’s clinic and/or off-campus clinical sites.
• Academic advisement of undergraduate and graduate students
• Scholarly activities
• Chair and/or serve on student doctoral project committees
• Service on Department, College, and University committees
• Service to the campus and the community
• Ph.D. in Audiology or related field. ABD will be considered, but all requirements for the doctorate must be completed by appointment date.
• Possession of California state license in audiology by the position start date, August 2020.
• Possession of California state hearing aid dispenser license by the position start date, August 2020.
• Possession of ASHA CCC-A (ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology) by the position start date, August 2020.
• Potential for clinical instruction/supervision.
• Potential for teaching in higher education.
• Potential for research and scholarly activities, such as presentations, publications, grants, and research.
• Potential for university and community service.
• Demonstrated ability to interact and work with students, staff, and colleagues in a diverse academic community.
• Potential for participation in department and university committees.
• Ph.D. in Audiology or Hearing Science
• Current F-AAA (Fellow of the American Academy of Audiology).
• 9 months clinical experience post ASHA certification.
• Preference will be given to applicants who complete application before September 20, 2019.
Contact Name : Dr. Laura Gaeta
Contact Address : Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders<br />California State University, Sacramento<br />6000 J Street<br />Sacramento, California 95819
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : (916) 278-4701
Instructions : California State University, Sacramento has announced an audiology faculty position that is available for its developing Doctor of Audiology program. The anticipated program start date is Fall 2020. Below is the information for the posting.<br /><br /> https://csus.peopleadmin.com/postings/4378 <br /> <br />Please share this information with any graduating students and/or colleagues who might be interested. Questions about the position can be directed to Laura Gaeta, Ph.D., Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com, or Robert Pieretti, Ph.D., Department Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. <br />
Application Deadline : 10/1/2019