Assistant/Associate Professor, Speech-Language Pathology,
Serve as academic faculty in the Speech-Language Pathology Program at Idaho State University on the Pocatello campus. The anticipated start date for the successful candidate will be August 2020.
• Teach undergraduate and graduate courses for the Speech-Language Pathology Program via live, distance education, and online formats
• Develop a viable line of research that includes extramural funding
• Direct student research (master’s theses and doctoral dissertations)
• Provide service to the department, university, and profession
• Advise master’s and doctoral level students
• Clinical teaching is an option if desired
• Earned PhD in Speech-Language Pathology or research doctoral degree in a related field
• Candidate near completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered, but completion of the degree will be required to maintain employment
• Potential for excellence in teaching and research
• Good interpersonal skills and collaborative ability
• Demonstrated experience of working with faculty, staff, and students from a diverse background
• Experience with university teaching
• Demonstrated success in grant writing and research
• Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in adult speech (e.g., apraxia of speech, dysarthria, etc.), adult language (aphasia, cognitive communication disorders, dementia, etc.), dysphagia, voice disorders, and autism/social communication disorders
• Other specialty areas will be considered (e.g., perception, psychoacoustics, counseling, etc.)
• Hold ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) and be qualified for Idaho License
• Several years of university experience with a strong record of scholarship and grant writing would be required for the Associate Professor rank
About Idaho State University
Idaho State University (ISU) combines exceptional academics amidst the grand natural beauty of the West. ISU faculty and students are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions in the areas of energy, health professions, nuclear research, teaching, humanities, engineering, performing and visual arts, technology, biological sciences, pharmacy, and business. ISU is the state's designated lead institution in health professions and medical education.
Idaho State University, a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution founded in 1901, serves a diverse population by attracting students from around the world to its Idaho campuses. At the main campus in Pocatello, and at locations in Meridian, Idaho Falls, and Twin Falls, ISU offers access to high-quality education in more than 280 programs. Over 12,000 students attend ISU, receiving education and training in those programs. To read more, visit: Idaho State University Home
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Veterans' preference.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
ISU PUBLIC SAFETY JEANNE CLERY ANNUAL SECURITY AND FIRE SAFETY REPORT
Idaho State University's Jeanne Clery report, federally required reporting, provides crime, arrest and fire statistics for the previous three years that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by Idaho State University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies about alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, personal practices, disciplinary procedures, fire safety and other matters. This report can be accessed on the following website: ISU Clery Report
Contact Name : Heather Ramsdell-Hudock
Contact Address : 650 Memorial Dr, Mail Stop 8116, Pocatello ID 83201
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : (208) 282-3077
Instructions : Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of interest, Curriculum vita, Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate), Statement of research plan (2 page limit), Statement of teaching philosophy (2 page limit) and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information. Position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.