Assistant/Associate Professor - Speech-Language Pathology
The Department of Communication Disorders invites applications for a 9 month, tenure-track position as Assistant or Associate Professor. The Department offers undergraduate and graduate instruction for approximately 180 undergraduates and 40 graduate students. New Mexico State University is a comprehensive land-grant institution of higher learning accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Universities. An active research university, NMSU anchors the southern end of New Mexico’s Rio Grande Research Corridor, exceeding $140 million in research and public service expenditures. NMSU is classified as a Hispanic-serving institution by the federal government with a total minority enrollment over 48%. NMSU is a EEO/AA employer and is located in sunny Las Cruces, NM.
· Ph.D. in Speech Language Pathology, Communication Sciences and Disorders or a closely-related field. (ABD will be considered with evidence of degree completion by the employment date.)
· For appointment as Associate Professor, a minimum of 6 years of work experience in an academic position and a record of publication and research activity commensurate with the rank of Associate Professor is required.
· Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech Language Hearing Association.
· Eligibility for New Mexico SLP Licensure
· Teaching and research interests that include but are not limited to: Bilingualism, Pediatric language disorders, AAC, Craniofacial anomalies, Dysphagia
· Candidates must show evidence of an active research program and publication record or potential to develop an active research program.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and training.
Contact Name : Bijoyaa Mohapatra
Contact Address : Department of Communication Disorders, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM 88003
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 575-646-7829
Instructions : To apply please go to: https://jobs.nmsu.edu/postings/40603
Application Deadline : 3/29/2021