Assistant/Associate Professor Tenure Track Audiology
The Doctor of Audiology Program (AuD) at University of the Pacific, School of Health Sciences, in San Francisco, California invites applicants to apply for a full-time, 11-month Assistant/Associate Professor position.
The Department of Audiology at University of the Pacific, established in 2015, provides an accelerated three-year AuD program and is accredited by the Council for Academic Accreditation (CAA) and the Accreditation Commission for Audiology Education (ACAE).Our students are provided a comprehensive curriculum that prepares them students to practice in a variety of health care settings. In the Pacific Hearing and Balance Centers, located in San Francisco and Stockton, students evaluate and treat hearing and balance disorders under close supervision by a nationally certified and state licensed clinical faculty.
Teaching is the primary focus of faculty at the University. We aspire to promote student learning within a humanistic environment such that students are competent and enthusiastic about providing evidence-based and culturally sensitive patient-centered care.
Scholarship and research are also valued at University of the Pacific. We are committed to contributing to hearing science through research in, electrophysiology, amplification, evidence-based clinical practice, aural rehabilitation and inter-professional practice.
The successful faculty candidate will be part of a highly motivated, cohesive faculty of experienced educators who work as an interdisciplinary team. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with other AuD faculty members and with members of the School of Health Sciences to provide expertise and contribute to a collaborative working environment. This position will report to the AuD Department Chair.
• Classroom teaching of courses within the Doctor of Audiology program curriculum.
• Academic advising and career mentoring, participation in course assignments in a team teaching environment, guiding student directed scholarly work, and establishing (or continuing) a personal program of scholarly activity.
• Participation in department meetings, college and university committees, and state and/or national organizations.
• Participation in the CAA and ACAE accreditation process.
• Participation in curriculum development.
• Instruction and facilitation in areas of knowledge and expertise.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time 11-month, benefit eligible, tenure track position. Please note that initial faculty rank and title are contingent upon the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
University of the Pacific’s mission is to provide a superior, student-centered learning experience integrating liberal arts and professional education and preparing individuals for lasting achievement and responsible leadership in their careers and communities.
Tenure-track and tenured faculty members engage in teaching; scholarly and artistic endeavors, and provide professional and university service in accordance to their school bylaws and university policy. Faculty are entrusted to provide an educational environment that is conducive to enhanced learning outcomes. Faculty must comply with university workload policy per designation.
Faculty are responsible for the following functions:
1. Design and conduct educational programs and courses of instruction in accordance with the policies of the University
2. Actively participate in the comprehensive planning or review of the development and quality improvement of the educational programs and courses of study, assist in the evaluation of the effectiveness of such programs and courses, and to make recommendations to the Deans and Provost concerning the educational mission, programs, and policies of the University
3. Recommend educational policies and degree requirements which effectively carry out the mission of the University
4. Recommend student admissions standards, evaluate student admissions procedures, advise students on academic progress, and recommend student candidates for earned degrees.
5. Participate in the selection, evaluation, and advancement of faculty and academic administrators
6. Contribute to the advancement of knowledge through open inquiry, creative activity and research
7. Participate in service as requested or required
8. Participate in scholarship/research activities as requested or required
The faculty member may consider any matter in connection with the effectiveness and quality of the educational program or the professional welfare of the faculty, may make recommendations to the department chair, academic dean or provost concerning any policies, programs, or procedures which affect the educational program or faculty welfare.
Each faculty shall function under the Dean and Provost and be subjected to the policies of the University.
• Au.D/Ph.D., or Ph.D. in Audiology, Hearing Science, or related field. ABD will be considered, but all requirements for the doctorate must be completed by appointment date
• Potential for teaching in higher education
• Evidence of research and scholarly activities, such as peer-reviewed presentations, peer-reviewed publications, and grants
• Potential for university and community service
• Demonstrated ability to interact and work with students, staff, and colleagues in a diverse academic community
• Potential for participation in department and university committees
• Previous clinical experience
• Possession of or immediately eligible for California state licensure in audiology and hearing aid dispenser license
• Possession of or immediately eligible for ASHA CCC-A (ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology)
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Contact Name : Jiong Hu
Contact Address : 155 Fifth street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 415-929-6665