Assistant Director of Clinical Research
Advance best practices and the scholarly work and clinical materials that support the distinct programming of the Arthur M. Blank Center for Stuttering Education and Research through research, clinical training, and supervision.
Note: This position is based in Atlanta, Georgia at the Arthur M. Blank Center for Stuttering Education and Research Atlanta Satellite Center.
Collaborate and maintain interactions within the College, University, satellite centers, other Universities, special groups and external stuttering focused agencies, with particular focus on expanding the caseload and community relationships that facilitate future clinical and research growth, and with an emphasis on diversity, equity, and inclusion as it relates to the people we serve and the students we train.
Coordinate, plan, and implement innovative evaluation and treatment models for individuals who stutter and their families, including annual Camp Dream. Speak. Live., and our daily evidence-based programs. Provide a clinical model of excellence in service provision of persons who stutter, including direct treatment of clients, client consultation, as well as facilitation of parent trainings, and support groups. Teach, mentor, and supervise students and clinical fellows in the evaluations and treatment of stuttering and/or cluttering.
Facilitate and support ongoing and new clinical research projects and disseminate clinical research in a scholarly manner, including peer-reviewed publications and presentations as well as providing continuing education workshops, and submissions of proposals to secure additional funding to support clinical research efforts.
Support development and publication of clinical resources.
Actively contributes to an environment and culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Identifies potential opportunities for promoting awareness of DEI. Participates in center-wide DEI training and discussions.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. CCC-SLP certification.
- Five years of experience coordinating or administering a research program.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise resourcefulness and good judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills, problem solving ability, and strong critical thinking skills.
- Utilizes communication skills with an emphasis on empathy and discretionary judgment.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Advanced degree in speech, language, and hearing sciences or associated disciplines.
- Preference for fluent speaker of Spanish and/or other languages.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
- Demonstrated leadership in the stuttering community as well as strong clinical and academic training in this field of study.
$63,000 + depending on qualifications
Required Application Materials
3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
Letter of interest
Before submitting your online job application, ensure that ALL Required Materials have been uploaded. Once your job application has been submitted, you cannot make changes.
A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
Contact Name : Marshonntri Austin, Assistant Director of Administration Management – Atlanta Satellite
Contact Address : 1605 Chantilly Drive Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30324
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 470-693-4226
Instructions : https://utaustin.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UTstaff/job/Assistant-Director-of-Clinical-Research_R_00017809
Application Deadline : 12/1/2022