Assistant or Associate Professor in Speech-Language Pathology
The College of Health Science and Public Health and Eastern Washington University invites applications for a full-time tenure track position in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Eastern Washington University to start August 16, 2023. This position may be filled at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, depending on candidate qualifications.
Preferred areas of expertise:
- Adult Motor Speech
Faculty positions include an expectation for teaching, research, and service, to meet the needs of the department. Additionally, all faculty are expected to engage in effective teaching and assessment of learning outcomes. Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses consistent with expertise and program/departmental instructional needs
- Potential clinical supervision in area(s) of expertise
- Mentor student research
- Conduct scholarly activities leading to publication and potential external funding
- Provide service to the department, college, university as well as the discipline of communication sciences and disorders
Key Requirements include:
- Earned doctorate in communication sciences and disorders, speech-language pathology or closely related field at the time of appointment.
- ABD will be considered. If ABD, all requirements for the doctorate must be completed by August 2023.
- Established record, or evidence of strong potential, of successful teaching and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students in at least one of the following areas:
- Adult Motor Speech
- ASHA CCC-SLP Certification
- Eligible for Washington state SLP licensure
- Demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
About our College: The Communication Sciences and Disorders department is housed in the College of Health Science and Public Health (CHSPH), based on Eastern’s downtown Spokane campus. The college and department prepare students to help meet the growing market demand in the critical fields of health care and education. The College is home to several nationally accredited undergraduate and graduate programs with an increased focus on inter-professional education (IPE). As a premier college serving the educational needs of the health care practitioners, CHSPH includes nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, communication sciences and disorders, public health and health administration, wellness and movement sciences, dental hygiene, and Regional Initiatives in Dental Education (RIDE).
Additional required qualification to be considered for Associate Professor Rank
- Six or more years of successful professional experience
Eastern expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning. We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Contact Name : Elizabeth Wilson-Fowler
Contact Address : Elizabeth Wilson-Fowler
Chair and Professor
Communication Sciences and Disorders Department
310 N. Riverpoint Blvd., Box B
Spokane, WA 99202
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : (509) 828-1230
Instructions : Please see our web posting for more information, including a full position description, complete list of required and preferred qualifications, as well as application instructions: https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu/postings/9570. Screening of applications will begin January 16th, 2023.