The Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) Program in the Curry School of Education and Human Development at the University of Virginia seeks applicants for an Assistant Professor of Education. This is a 9-month salaried tenure-track position to support and expand this vibrant program in the Department of Human Services.
We seek an early-career scholar pursuing a program of independent research in any area of expertise within the discipline of speech language pathology, with a preference for voice, swallowing, and resonance disorder areas. Duties include teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels and mentoring of students.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Ph.D. in Speech-Language Pathology; Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences; or a closely related field;
- A record of publication in peer-reviewed journals and potential for future external funding.
- American Speech Language Hearing (ASHA) Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology (CCC-SLP); and eligibility for state licensure.
- An explicit and demonstrated commitment to teaching, research, and/or service that contributes to advancing understanding and outcomes for underrepresented groups
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in voice, swallowing, and resonance disorder areas.
Review of applications will begin November 1, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. The link to the position posting in UVA Workday is:
Contact Name : LaVae Hoffman, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Contact Address : University of Virginia<br />Communication Disorders Program<br />Box 400270<br />Charlottesville, VA 22908-0781<br />
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : (434) 924-4618
Instructions : Apply for this position through UVA Workday at: <br />https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs/job/Charlottesville-VA/Assistant-Professor-of-Education--Curry-School-of-Education-and-Human-Development_R0010414-1