The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls seeks qualified applicants for one full-time, 9-month tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Speech-Language Pathology. The anticipated start date is August, 2020. The appointment includes teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, clinical supervision of graduate students, research/scholarly activity and service. Attractive benefits package and research support are available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Teaching, Supervision, Research and Service (100%)
- Teaching: Teach undergraduate and graduate courses. Preferred areas include AAC, speech sound disorders, craniofacial disorders, dysphagia, and fluency.
- Supervision: Supervise graduate student clinicians providing speech-language pathology services in the University Speech-Language and Hearing Clinic. Wisconsin SLP licensure or eligibility required and must be maintained during employment.
- Research: Ability to conduct research and other scholarly endeavors including securing of external grants. There is opportunity to direct graduate and undergraduate student research.
- Service: Involvement in university/college/departmental/community service. Undergraduate student advising and committee service is expected.
- CCC-SLP must be obtained and maintained.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Earned doctorate in Communication Sciences and Disorders or in a closely related field is required. ABD with confirmed completion date within one academic year of start will be considered.
The successful candidate will maintain a standard of excellence in teaching, scholarship and service as outlined in the UWRF Faculty and Staff Handbook.
Contact Name : Gary Cottrell, Ph.D., CCC-A
Contact Address : Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders,University of Wisconsin-River Falls,410 S. Third Street, WEB 218,River Falls, WI 54022
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 715-425-3811
Instructions : Information to Submit:• Curriculum Vitae• Cover letter specifying interest in the position, qualifications, and statement of experience• Unofficial transcript of doctoral degree (earned or in-progress if ABD). Official copies of all conferred degrees will be required if hired.• Names, addresses (including email) and telephone numbers of three references who can specifically comment upon your teaching ability, experience, and professional preparation.<br /><br />Deadline to Apply: <br />Initial review of applications will begin upon receipt. For full consideration, applicants must submit all required materials by 11:59 p.m. January 30, 2020. A criminal background check will be completed on final candidate.<br /><br />Materials not submitted through https://jobs.uwrf.edu/ cannot be considered.<br /><br />
Application Deadline : 4/5/2020