Assistant Professor - Communication Sciences and Disorders
FACULTY POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Tenure Track Assistant Professor
COLLEGE OF NURSING AND HEALTH SCIENCES
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) at the University of Vermont (UVM) is seeking applicants for a full-time, tenure track Assistant Professor (9-months), effective August 2023. Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications. All areas of expertise will be considered; however, preference will be given to expertise in phonetics, speech-sound disorders, linguistics, developmental speech motor control, or closely related field.
The successful candidate will develop a vigorous sponsored research program, teach undergraduate and graduate level courses, and mentor and advise undergraduate and graduate students, in addition to professional contributions and service. Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge, skills, and/or interest in contributing to the diversity and inclusive excellence of the academic community through their teaching, service, and research, scholarship, or creative arts.
Required minimum qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Speech and Hearing Sciences, Communication Sciences and Disorders, or a closely – related field. ABD will be considered with evidence of degree completion by the employment date.
- Potential for a strong record of research and scholarship.
- Possess CCC-SLP and eligibility for Vermont Licensure
- Ability to contribute to the diversity and inclusive excellence of the academic community through their teaching, service, and research, scholarship, or creative arts.
Anticipated start date is August 21, 2023. Prospective candidates should apply online at www.uvmjobs.com and search for the position using the departmental name (“Communication Sciences and Disorders”).
Applicants must include the following:
1) letter of interest with stated qualifications for the position,
2) a research statement including accomplishments and future goals,
3) a teaching statement including teaching interests and philosophy,
4) a statement on the potential to promote the diversity, equity, and inclusion mission of the university,
5) three professional references,
6) a curriculum vitae.
Review of applications will begin on January 9, 2023 and continue until the position is filled. Additional information about this position should be directed to Kim Bauerly, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, Search Committee Co-Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: CSD Search).
The University of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category legally protected by federal or state law.
Contact Name : Kim Bauerly, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Contact Email : email@example.com
Instructions : Subject Line: CSD Search