Assistant Professor-Communication Sciences and Disorders
The Department of Clinical Health Sciences at Texas A&M University-Kingsville invites applicants for a full-time, tenure-track appointment in its Communication Sciences and Disorders program. This position will begin in Fall 2021 and has a nine-month annual service with the possibility of summer teaching. The selected candidate will instruct in both the BS and MS programs, maintain an active research agenda through peer-reviewed presentations and publications, engage in ongoing professional development, and perform university service. Terminal degree required, ASHA CCCs required.
Review of applications will begin April 9, 2021 and continue until a suitable candidate is identified. Salary commensurate with experience. Persons from historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
- Candidates must have CCC and a terminal degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.)
- 18 graduate hours in each field of instruction
- Currently hold or eligible to hold SLP licensure in Texas
- Evidence of clinical experience and/or licensure of at least 9 months after earning CCC
- Professional development or CEUs in clinical supervision
- Evidence of excellence in teaching and/or clinical supervision at the college level
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to foster learning environments that support the needs of first generation and non-traditional students
- Demonstrated ability to attract resources, including grants or other external sources of support that advance the university’s mission
- Applicants with experience in voice disorders and speech sound disorders are encouraged to apply. All areas of specialization will be considered
- Teach courses as assigned, implementing lesson plans, grading assignments, fostering class participation, and providing support to students
- Supervise in university clinical practicum and/or off-campus externships
- Pursue an active program of scholarly research and publication
- Engage in a broad range of institutional and community service
- Engage in professional development activities as appropriate to the discipline
Applicants will apply online through Workday (https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TAMUK_External) and submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, unofficial copies of transcripts, and contact information for three references.
Prior to the issuing of a letter of appointment, official transcripts must be received directly from each degree-granting institution. If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of applicant to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator (AACRAO) at http://www.aacrao.org/internationalforeignEdCred.cfm.
About the University:
Texas A&M University-Kingsville offers a low student/faculty ratio, a collegial working environment, and competitive program support for faculty. Located in South Texas, our beautiful and historic campus is full of fresh air, open spaces, charm, and friendly faces. We are just a three-hour drive south of Houston and a two-hour drive south of San Antonio. And, as one of the Texas A&M System universities, we are nationally recognized for preparing students for career success. The university’s student population represents more than 35 states and more than 43 countries. The campus reflects the demographics of the area, with 62 percent of the students Hispanic, 27 percent White, and five percent African American. About six percent are international students.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.tamuk.edu/about.
Contact Name : Eric Swartz
Contact Address : MSC 177A
700 University Blvd
Kingsville, Texas 78363
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 361-593-3493
Instructions : Applications must be submitted through Workday https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TAMUK_External)
For full consideration apply by application deadline. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.