Assistant Professor in Speech-Language Pathology
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (WWW.CSUMB.EDU) is a comprehensive, mid-sized four-year university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives by emphasizing project-based learning, requiring service learning, and promoting multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond the campus community. CSUMB is both an MSI and HSI and has a vibrant, diverse student body of nearly 7000 students and growing. Our faculty and staff, many of whom live in campus housing, appreciate living and working about one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, we offer excellent benefits, including housing, and competitive salaries for our faculty and staff. By 2030, CSUMB’s sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral.
- Teach graduate courses
- Develop and maintain research, scholarly and creative activities leading to publications
- Arrange clinical placements for the MS-SLP students
- Oversee required documentation of practicum experiences
- Supervise clinical / practicum experiences and provide PD for site supervisors.
- Serve on thesis, department, college and university committees
- Participate in service to the department, college, university, and community
- Strong commitment to developing a modern curriculum
- Doctorate degree in Speech-Language Pathology, Communication Sciences and Disorders or related discipline from an accredited program by time of appointment
- Hold the certificate of clinical competence (CCC) in speech-language pathology from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) (or eligible and must obtain CCCs from ASHA within the first year of employment)
- Licensed as a speech-language pathologist in California (or eligible and must obtain the California license in speech-language pathology within the first year of employment)
- Demonstrated potential for teaching wide range of courses at the college level
- Demonstrated potential for research, scholarly and creative activities
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with an ethically and culturally diverse student population
LINK TO THE FULL JOB POSTING: https://csumb.peopleadmin.com/hr/postings/5883/preview
Contact Name : Kerrie Chitwood
Contact Address : 100 Campus Center, Seaside, CA 93955
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 8315823574
Instructions : Priority deadline for applications is April 11, 2021.