Assistant Professor of Instruction - Audiology
The University of South Florida (USF) Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders is seeking a twelve-month Assistant Professor of Instruction of Audiology. The person in this position will be responsible for teaching undergraduate and graduate courses primarily in areas related to audiology and hearing sciences, using both in-person and online course delivery (synchronous/asynchronous/hybrid). Graduate level clinical instruction may also be available such as supervision to Doctor of Audiology students in clinical practice in a university-based, billing clinic. Additional responsibilities include providing service to the university through faculty governance at the department, college, and/or university level and providing service outside the university to the community and/or profession
• Au.D. or Ph.D. in Audiology, Hearing Science, or related field
• Must meet university criteria for appointment to the rank of Assistant Professor of Instruction
• Ph.D. in Audiology, Hearing Science, or related field
• More than 5 years of experience in Audiology, Hearing Science, or related field
• For applicants with PhD as terminal degree, 1+ years of experience teaching or as TA for audiology coursework at both the undergraduate and/or graduate level in an academic department with focus on audiology and hearing sciences or related
For applicants with AuD as terminal degree, 3+ years of experience teaching audiology coursework at both the undergraduate and graduate level in an academic department with focus on audiology and hearing sciences
• Experience with both in-person and online delivery formats
• Interest in potential for research and intradepartmental collaboration
How to Apply
To apply, applicants must apply through the USF online application system at www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers and search for Job ID 32030. Please submit:
• Cover Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Statement of Teaching Philosophy
• Statement on commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• The anticipated start date is August 7, 2023.
• Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications & experience.
• For questions about the position, please contact the Search Committee Chair, Michelle Arnold at email@example.com
• This position is open until filled but the first review of applications will begin on or around October 3, 2022.
CSD is well positioned within the University to continue its positive trajectory. CSD is housed within the College of Behavioral and Community Sciences (CBCS). CBCS is a research-intensive college committed to community-based work derived from evidenced-based practices. This strong ethos of research-to-practice positions CSD well to achieve its mission of “Creating pathways to communication by bridging research to practice.” Moreover, shared interests among departments of Aging Studies, Social Work, Child and Family Studies, Engineering, and Otolaryngology afford multiple opportunities for collaboration and cross-disciplinary fertilization. within the supportive College infrastructure.
CSD faculty include speech language pathologists, audiologists, sign language interpreters, scholars of Deaf culture, linguists, hearing scientists, speech scientists and psychologists. The department considers communication issues from both humanistic and medical perspectives, providing multidisciplinary perspectives on issues such as language, literacy, hearing, and speech. To do this, CSD collaborates across USF with entities such as USF Health and Biomedical Engineering.
CSD’s efforts are multifaceted. It houses multiple undergraduate and graduate programs including M.S., AU.D., Ph.D. and combined AU.D./Ph.D degree programs. Speech and Hearing Clinics provide evidence-based interventions in a context that trains students for cutting-edge clinical work in a variety of settings. Notably, the department is also home to an American Sign Language(ASL) interpreter training program, an ASL interpreter referral agency, and the Bolesta Center which provides listening and spoken language support to individuals with hearing loss across the lifespan.
CSD Department Success
Our Au.D program is ranked #18 in USNWR and our MS SLP program is ranked #55. Numerous faculty are ASHA fellows. CSD has a diverse portfolio of funded research from NIH, NSF, Department of Defense, Department of Education, and Industry sponsors. CSD's research profile remains impressive with approximately $11,500,000 in active sponsored projects.
"The College of Behavioral and Community Sciences at USF celebrates diversity and inclusive excellence in alignment with our Principles of Community. We believe our future success as an institution requires that we attract and retain a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. All job decisions at USF are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.”
Contact Name : Michelle Arnold
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org