Assistant Professor - Speech Language Pathology
The University of South Florida (USF) Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders, Tampa Campus, invites applicants for for two 9-Month, Tenure-Track Assistant Professors in Speech-Language Pathology. The successful candidates should conduct research, seek external funding, publish in areas of interest, develop and teach graduate and undergraduate courses in areas of specialty, advise Master’s and Doctoral students and provide service to the department, college, university, community and profession. Summer teaching is possible. This position will begin August 2022. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Ph.D. in Communication Sciences and Disorders or other related discipline from an accredited institution is required by the start date.
• Demonstrated record of achievement in teaching, academic research, and service.
• Must meet university criteria for appointment to the rank of Assistant Professor
• History of funding and strong potential for research and intradepartmental collaboration.
• Desirable expertise areas include Child Language Development and Disorders (in particular, Autism-Spectrum Disorder and/or Augmentative and Alternative Communication) and Adult Neurogenic Communication Disorders (in particular, Aphasia and/or Cognitive Communication Disorders). However, strong candidates in other areas of specialization will receive full consideration.
• Mentoring experience
• Eligibility for CCC-SLP
“The College of Behavioral and Community Sciences at USF celebrates diversity and inclusive excellence in alignment with our Principles of Community. We believe our future success as an institution requires that we attract and retain a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. All job decisions at USF are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.”
About the Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders
Since 1967, the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders has been training future speech-language pathologists and audiologists, providing speech, language and hearing services to the Tampa Bay community. The Department trains future professionals and serves the Tampa Bay community through the USF Hearing Clinic, USF Speech-Language Clinic, Bolesta Center at USF (Listening and Spoken Language Center), Hands On USF (sign language interpreting service), and the Global Center for Hearing and Speech Research. Further information about our programs are available at www.usf.edu/cbcs/csd
• 1 FTE, 9 Month, Tenure-Track Appointment
• To apply for this position, applicants must apply through the USF online application system at www.usf.edu/work-at-usf & search for Job ID 28890.
• The application deadline is January 14, 2022.
Contact Name : Dr. Nathan Maxfield
Contact Email : email@example.com
Application Deadline : 1/14/2022