Assistant Professor-Speech-Language Pathology
Francis Marion University’s Department of Speech-Language Pathology, in the School of Health Sciences, invites applications for one (1) tenure-track, 12-month faculty position. The successful candidate will teach pre-requisite and graduate courses, engage in scholarly activity and provide service to the department, university, community, and profession. Candidates with teaching interests in anatomy and physiology, speech and hearing science, speech sound disorders, phonology, and motor speech disorders are preferred, but all interests will be considered.
The School of Health Sciences is one of the fastest growing schools at Francis Marion University. We are committed to improving the health and well-being of South Carolinians, particularly persons in the Florence, Pee Dee area.
- Earned doctorate preferred; Masters in speech-language pathology required.
- ASHA certification
- Teaching experience preferred
- Commitment to excellence in teaching, advising/mentoring, and service.
Start Date: July 2020
- Teaching pre-requisite and/or graduate courses and all duties related to teaching
- Participating in collaborative initiatives and research that involve students, community partners, and faculty
- Mentoring/supervising students
- Participating in departmental, SHS, and university meetings
- Advising students as assigned
Position Type: Full-time (12-month)
Formal Accountability: Reports to the Speech-Language Pathology Program Director
Compensation:Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Professional Development: Francis Marion University provides generous support for conference travel when presenting. Summer research stipends are available on a
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
1) Letter of Interest (Referencing Position Number 19-87);
2) Curriculum vitae;
3) The names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references; and
4) Copies of all transcripts (official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate).
5) FMU Faculty Application;
To obtain a copy of the FMU Faculty application please click here.
Review of Applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution.
Contact Name : Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration
Contact Address : Francis Marion University<br />P.O. Box 100547<br />Florence, SC 29502-0547<br />
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 843-661-1140
Instructions : Send application packet to : Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration, Francis Marion University, P.O. Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547 or fax to (843) 661-1202