Assistant Professor (Tenure Track)
This is a 9-month tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls (UWRF) with an anticipated start date of August 21, 2023. The position includes teaching a 12-credit equivalent load including undergraduate and graduate courses, clinical supervision of graduate students, research, and service.
Teaching, Supervision, Research and Service
- Teaching: Teach undergraduate and graduate courses. Expertise required in at least one of the areas of adult neurogenic language and cognitive disorders, adult motor speech disorders, dysphagia, fluency disorders, AAC, and/or voice and resonance disorders.
- Supervision: Supervise graduate student clinicians providing speech-language pathology services in the University Speech-Language and Hearing Clinic.
- Research: Ability to conduct research and other scholarly endeavors including securing of external grants. There is opportunity to direct graduate and undergraduate student research.
- Service: Involvement in university/college/departmental/community service. Undergraduate student advising and committee service is expected.
The successful candidate will maintain a standard of excellence in teaching, scholarship and service as outlined in the UWRF Faculty and Staff Handbook.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Earned doctorate in Communication Sciences and Disorders or in a closely related field is required. ABD with confirmed completion date within one academic year of start will be considered.
- Expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- Adult Neurogenic Language and Cognitive Disorders
- Adult motor speech disorders
- Fluency Disorders
- Voice and Resonance Disorders
- CCC-SLP required and must be maintained during employment.
- Consideration given to candidates currently finishing their CF.
- Wisconsin SLP licensure or eligibility required and must be maintained during employment.
Applicants are required to apply online (https://jobs.uwrf.edu/postings/8168). UWRF will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. Applicants are required to provide: Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts, Letter of interest specifying qualifications and experience (cover letter), Names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least three references who can specifically comment upon your experience and professional preparation (references).
Contact Name : University of Wisconsin-River Falls
Contact Address : University of Wisconsin-River Falls
Dept. of CSD
410 South Third St.
River Falls, WI 54022
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 715-425-0672
Instructions : Initial review of applications will begin upon receipt. For full consideration, applicants should submit all required materials by September 15, 2022 (https://jobs.uwrf.edu/postings/8168).
Application Deadline : 9/15/2022