Assistant Professor, Tenure-Track, Communication Sciences and Disorders #186
Communication Sciences and Disorders
Scranton, PA 18509
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders in the College of Health and Human Services at Marywood University is seeking a full-time Assistant Professor. This is a 10-month tenure-track position. Anticipated start date for this position is August 15, 2022.
Responsibilities will include:
- Teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels in any or all of the following areas: pediatric language development/disorders, autism, pediatric neuromotor disorders, speech sound development/disorders, and core courses as determined by the needs of the department
- Supervision of clinical practicum experiences
- Assistance with department/clinical operations
- Participation in accreditation activities
- Advisement of students
- Participation in university and departmental shared governance
- Service to the department, university, college, profession, and community
- Engagement in scholarly/research activities
Minimum Requirements: The successful applicant will possess a doctoral degree (PhD, EdD) in Speech-Language Pathology or closely related field, have a CCC-SLP, and PA state licensure (or eligibility). ABD candidates will also be considered.
Preferred Qualifications: Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience, experience in clinical supervision as well as mentoring student research.
Marywood University is a comprehensive Catholic University sponsored by the Congregation of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Our campus is a close-knit community located near the Pocono Mountains in Northeastern Pennsylvania, easily accessible to Philadelphia and New York City. It offers a five-year program that includes a pre-professional (undergraduate) and professional (graduate) phase leading to a Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology. The Master's Program in SLP is accredited by ASHA's Council on Academic Accreditation. Full-service Speech-Language and Audiology Clinics are located in the McGowan Center for Professional Studies. Additional information about our University is available at www.marywood.edu.
- Appointment application
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts
- Curriculum vitae
- Names, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three (3) references
- Sample of written/published material (if available)
Marywood University is committed to the policies, principles and practices of equal opportunity, affirmative action and nondiscrimination in all its activities, including, but not limited to, employment. As a private, Catholic institution, Marywood expects and encourages members of the University community to be knowledgeable and contributing advocates of its Mission and Core Values. Marywood actively seeks to recruit and retain a talented and diverse workforce. Therefore, the University strives to maintain a welcoming environment for all people, in particular, those who may represent groups vulnerable to discrimination on the basis of their race, ethnic or national origin, religion, color, age, gender identification, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status. The University seeks qualified candidates who share its commitment to equity and inclusion.
Contact Name : Andrea Novak
Contact Address : 2300 Adams Avenue, Scranton, PA 18509
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 570-348-6299 ext. 2144
Instructions : See link in posting description.