The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is an active research university, classified by the Carnegie Foundation as a High-Research Activity University with an added Community Engagement classification awarded for “deep engagement” at local, regional, national, and global levels. UNCG is also committed to diversity and inclusion and is one of two North Carolina Universities to have received the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award. The mission of the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders is the preparation of diverse students as exemplary, culturally responsive professionals and leaders in the fields of speech-language pathology and audiology. The Department is committed to providing the highest quality academic, research and clinical training, and to instill in students a desire to make significant contributions to the profession, to the people whom we serve and to our community. The UNCG Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) is one of ten departments and programs in the School of Health and Human Sciences (HHS). The UNCG CSD Department offers Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts and Doctor of Philosophy degrees. The UNCG CSD Master’s (MA) program in Speech-Language Pathology is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of ASHA and was recognized by Best Value School as being the number two Masters in Speech Pathology in 2021.
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is looking to hire a 9 month employee at the rank of Tenured Associate/Full professor to assist with program development, teaching, service, and research in a new online graduate program in Speech Language Pathology. This position will provide an exciting opportunity to be a leader in the growth and development of the online program housed within an established and well-regarded in-person master’s program. The Master’s Program in Speech-Language Pathology in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders is committed to providing the next generation of clinicians with the highest quality academic, research and clinical training in the assessment/treatment and prevention of communication and swallowing disorders. We also aim to instill in these future health care providers a desire to actively contribute to the profession and our community with a high level of expertise and compassion.
This is a 9 month full time position that primarily involves remote work although close contact with the on-campus program coordinator and externship coordinator and Department Chair will be required. Virtual attendance at monthly faculty meetings and monthly graduate program director meetings.
Participate in the development of an online program which will begin accepting applications in Spring 2023 for Fall 2023 start dates, ensure ASHA standards are met, complete all ASHA/CAA documents along with the Department Chair, maintain 1/2 teaching load, advise students and prepare them for graduation, sign all ASHA and state licensure certifications prior to graduation, complete all follow-up paperwork with ASHA following student graduation. Work closely with the on-campus graduate program coordinator and externship coordinator and work closely with the online externship coordinator and Department Chair. Participate in research capstone projects.
Involvement in the recruitment of a diverse and culturally representative student body.
- Ph.D. in Communication Sciences and Disorders or SLP.D.
- ASHA CCCs and eligibility for NC state licensure
- Experience teaching within communication sciences and disorders (3+ years)
- Experience as program coordinator (2+years)
- Clinical experience (3+ years)
- Experience maintaining CAA standards and accreditation
- Excellent communication skills especially in a virtual environment and via technology
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong decision making and leadership ability
- Proficiency with teaching platforms such as Canvas, and software (e.g., Microsoft)
- Ability to work remotely
- Experience with student advising
- Experience with online teaching
- Experience with program development
- Clear vision on how to establish and run an online program
- Experience serving on a graduate admissions committee
- Experience marketing CSD programs
Please submit an application with the following materials:
- Cover letter that addresses online program development, teaching philosophy (especially in relation to online pedagogy), research interests, and ability to work with and recruit a culturally and linguistically diverse student population
- Three letters of recommendation
Initial review of applications will begin November, 16th and will continue until the position is filled. Desired start date is January, 2023.
Please see posting:https://spartantalent.uncg.edu/postings/24647
Contact Name : Jessica Obermeyer
Contact Address : 524 Highland Ave
Greensboro, NC 27412
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 336-334-5590
Instructions : Please apply here:
Application Deadline : 11/16/2022