Audiology Faculty: Open Rank, Open Track
Faculty – Open Track
Doctor of Audiology Program
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
College of Allied Health Sciences
(Final track and rank commensurate with education and experience)
The University of Cincinnati Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders is searching for a full-time faculty member who will contribute to the department’s teaching, research, and service missions. This is a 9- or 12-month per year position with track and rank (assistance, associate, or full professor) commensurate with education and experience that will preferably begin in August, 2020. Possible tracks include tenure, educator, and clinical track.
Position Responsibilities: This position is primarily responsible for teaching and service to the Doctor of Audiology program within the Communication Sciences and Disorders Department and College of Allied Health Sciences. Teaching and service responsibilities include, but are not limited to, course development, primary instruction of didactic courses; participation in student recruitment, retention, and admissions activities; participation in program committee work including program evaluation, accreditation tasks, and other activities as assigned by Department Chair. While student instruction is central to this position, service and scholarship activities are also required consistent with the missions and faculty evaluative criteria of the University, College, and Department.
- Doctoral degree (AuD or PhD) in audiology, hearing science, or a related area
- ABD candidates are welcome to apply, but the doctorate must be completed prior to the start date.
- Evidence of early research success (i.e., publications, presentations, etc.) for tenure track
- Experience working with students in a classroom or clinical setting
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Current knowledge and skill in the use of computer technology and educational learning management systems
- If responsibilities include clinical practicum supervision (i.e., clinical track):
- Eligibility for clinical certification and Ohio licensure
- At least three years’ experience in the provision of clinical services
- A commitment to utilizing and teaching evidence-based practice
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including communication, problem solving, counseling, conflict management, and follow-through
- Ability to work independently
- Interest and ability to collaborate with an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to assist with tasks assigned by Department Chair
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Eligibility for certificate of clinical competence in audiology
- Strong clinical emphasis in teaching and/or research agenda
- Teaching and/or clinical experience in a broad range of areas in audiology with potential emphasis in amplification, rehabilitation, and/or balance
- Post-doctoral research experience for tenure track
- Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels
- Demonstrated student mentorship experience
Contact information: Inquiries about the position should be directed to the search committee chair, Brian Earl, PhD, CCC-A (earlbn@UCMAIL.UC.EDU).
Please apply online at https://jobs.uc.edu
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F/ Veteran / Disabled
Contact Name : Brian Earl
Contact Address : Health Sciences Building, Rm. 385,3225 Eden Ave.,Cincinnati, OH 45267-0379<br />
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 513-558-8770
Instructions : Please apply online at https://jobs.uc.edu
Application Deadline : 12/31/2019