Clinical Assisant/Associate Professor
The University of Arizona’s Department of Speech Language, & Hearing Sciences seeks a Full-Time Speech-Language Pathology Clinical Faculty
member to provide evidence-based clinical services and graduate student training and mentorship for pediatric populations. Service provision and clinical education will include in-person and tele-practice services occurring in our on-campus clinic and through contracts with local/regional partners. The position includes full participation in the teaching, scholarship, and service activities of our academic program. Please note that the actual start date is negotiable. We are particularly interested in applicants who are Spanish-speakers and who have expertise in mutliculturalism.
Apply Here: Link to application
This career-track appointment is not eligible for tenure.
*Assess and treat clients with communication disorders
• Participate in clinical education
• Confer with departmental faculty to provide evidence-based services
• Assist clinical program leadership with clinical administration or development as assigned
• Teach in the classroom related to area/s of expertise as assigned
• Develop areas of specialty practice
• Other duties as assigned
* Master’s or Doctoral degree in Speech- Language Pathology, or Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences, or equivalent
• Three years of clinical experience as a Speech-Language Pathologist
• License/license-eligibility for practice in Speech-Language Pathology in the state of Arizona
• Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language- Hearing Association
• Previous experience providing graduate student supervision or clinical training
• Experience with pediatric populations
*Advanced spoken/written Spanish language skills
and any of the following: experience providing services to culturally and linguistically diverse populations, early intervention, AAC, cleft palate/VPI, or pediatric feeding and dysphagia.
About UArizona: Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more! The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to
advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving
institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students,
colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment
opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Come join us!
Contact Name : Dr. Robin Samlan
Contact Address : 1131 E. 2nd St.
Tucson, AZ 85721
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 520 -861-8618
Instructions : Please apply here: https://arizona.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/11924?c=arizona
You will need your CV and a cover letter
Application Deadline : 1/16/2023