The University of Mary is seeking an 8-month Clinical Educator in Speech-Language Pathology. This position requires supervision of graduate students, teaching undergraduate courses and clinical graduate courses. Additionally, this position entails supporting the clinical coordinator in managing and tracking students’ clinical education. The Clinical Educator is also responsible for demonstrating scholarship, professional development, service to the university and other duties assigned by the Program Chair.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php ).
- Clinical supervision of students
- Teach undergraduate courses and graduate clinical courses
- Clinical administration
- Advise students
- Provide service to department, college and university committees
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
- M.S. in Speech-Language Pathology, Certificate of Clinical Competence by the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA), ND license eligible
- Minimum of three years of clinical experience is required
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the St. Gianna School of Health Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent organizational, communication (verbal and written), advanced diagnostic and therapeutic skills, and the ability to maintain confidential information in accordance with HIPAA and FERPA
- Sustain necessary physical activity level in required classroom and clinical activities
- Respond quickly to provide a safe environment for clients in emergency situations including fire, choking, etc.
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Contact Name : Jessica Smith
Contact Address : 7500 University Dr, Bismarck, ND 58504
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 701-355-8154
Instructions : To apply from our University of Mary career page, scroll to the top to complete the required fields. Attach your curriculum vitae and click submit application., Additional attachments such as cover letter, transcripts and letters of recommendation, or anything larger than 5MB may be sent to email@example.com. If you are applying from outside the University’s website, click this link https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/rZMhWD9UZt/Clinical-Educator-In-SpeechLanguage-Pathologyor copy and paste it into your browser.<br /><br />Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.<br /><br />Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Deadline : 3/15/2020