Clinical Educator, Communication Sciences and Disorders
The department of Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) at Elmhurst University seeks a speech-language pathologist with expertise to support clinical training in Child/Adolescent/Young Adult populations, the CSD Multicultural and Multilingual Emphasis, and the Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy, for a full time, clinical educator position. The CSD department consists of stellar professionals who collaborate on graduate (MS) and undergraduate degree programs with excellent student outcomes. Both programs involve student experiences through the Elmhurst University Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic (EUSLHC).
Anticipated Start Date: Summer 2021, TBD
Primary responsibilities include clinical supervision of graduate and undergraduate student clinicians working with clients, clinical classroom teaching, and department service.
Other duties and responsibilities:
1. Remain a certified ASHA member in good standing.
2. Maintain Illinois State licensure.
3. Complete CEU requirements as required for ASHA certification and IL licensure.
4. Complete ASHA clinical supervision requirement (2 hours minimum in supervision)
5. Demonstrate Clinic Essential Functions.
6. Know and abide by the policies and procedures currently in existence in the EUSLHC.
7. Write letters of recommendation for students applying for jobs, as requested by students.
8. Attends department meetings and retreats and/or review minutes.
9. Assume additional responsibilities, as determined by the needs of the EUSLHC and department, as negotiated with the department chair and clinic director (e.g., attending open houses, admissions committee)
1. Master’s (or Doctoral) Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
2. Certification from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
3. Illinois state licensure
4. At least five years of full-time clinical experience, with previous experience supervising graduate students preferred
5. Ability to work well with students
6. Ability to develop positive relationships with students
7. Ability to work well as a team member with department members
8. Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills
9. Excellent professional writing skills
10. Excellent organizational skills
11. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
12. High degree of flexibility
1. Bilingual Skills a plus
Working conditions and physical environments:
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move object.
Work hours: This is a 12-month position with fall, spring and summer semester responsibilities.
Contact Name : Dr. Brenda Gorman
Contact Address : Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, Elmhurst University, 190 Prospect Ave, Elmhurst. IL 60126
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 630-617-6122
Instructions : Required Documents
please provide 3 references with contact information.
Application Deadline : 4/30/2021