Clinical Professor, SLP
College/School: College of Science and Health
DePaul University Speech Language Pathology Program invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track Clinical Professor to begin July 1, 2021. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative and energetic leader, who has the vision to create a meaningful impact on the college, university and community, to collaborate with the program director and faculty in developing our new program at DePaul. The Speech Language Pathology Program at DePaul University anticipates welcoming their inaugural cohort of student into their M.S. Program in the Fall of 2021. The program is located in the heart of Chicago at the Lincoln Park campus.
Responsibilities include developing and implementing innovative clinical models; assuring accreditation standards related to clinical experiences are met; teaching; clinical supervision; and service to the department and university. The successful candidate will possess experience and expertise in the areas of adult neurogenic communication disorders and/or dysphagia. This is a 12-month appointment. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications.
- A Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology with ASHA CCC-SLP certification;
- Licensure, or eligible for licensure, in Illinois;
- Experience supervising students in clinical settings;
- Demonstrated record of teaching, scholarship, and/or service to the profession.
- A Doctorate Degree in Speech Language Pathology with ASHA CCC-SLP certification;
- Expertise in the areas of adult neurogenic communication disorders and/or dysphagia;
- A minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in the field of speech language pathology;
- College or graduate level teaching experience;
- Familiarity with CAA accreditation standards;
- Individuals from underrepresented groups and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply;
- Applicants who have experience working with a diverse range of clients, staff, and students and who can contribute to an inclusive climate are encouraged to identify their experiences in these areas.
Special Instructions to Applicants: The full and complete application should contain the following information
- A letter of application indicating qualifications for the position
- A curriculum vitae
- Copy of transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates will not be considered until all the above materials are received. Applications submitted by November 15, 2020, will receive priority consideration. Interviews will begin by January 1st.
For further questions about this position, please contact Dr. Jayne Jaskolski, search committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Contact Name : Jayne Jaskolski
Contact Address : DePaul University - McGowen South, 1110 W Belden Ave, 403H
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 773/325-8473
Instructions : All materials must be submitted at https://academics.depaul.edu/faculty-jobs/Pages/position-detail.aspx?dpusearchbyid=224702
Application Deadline : 1/31/2021