The Department of Communication Disorders at New Mexico State University is seeking an Associate/Full Professor (tenured professor). The Department Head is responsible for providing leadership for the department’s academic quality, student success, and operational effectiveness. Specific duties will include:
1. Manage departmental budgeting (planning and accountability).
2. Develop and manage activities to promote the professional growth of faculty in the areas of teaching, research, service, and outreach.
3. Work with faculty to revise departmental focus based on current university and college policy and institutional enrollment trends.
4. Effectively collaborate across divisions and departments within the college.
5. Contribute as a member of the college Executive Council to work collaboratively with the dean and other unit leaders in supporting the mission of the college and of the university.
6. Support the research agenda and the focus on evidenced-based and research-supported interventions on behalf of the department.
New Mexico State University is a comprehensive land-grant institution of higher learning accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Universities. An active research university, NMSU anchors the southern end of New Mexico’s Rio Grande Research Corridor, exceeding $140 million in research and public service expenditures. NMSU is classified as a Hispanic-serving institution by the federal government with a total minority enrollment over 48%. Home to the state’s NASA Space Grant Program, NMSU is located in Las Cruces, which features desert mesas, the farmlands of the Rio Grande Valley, and the Organ Mountains, an extension of the Rocky Mountain chain. The University is committed to building a culturally diverse educational environment..
Required: A Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Communication Disorders or in a closely related field (if the Ph.D. or Ed.D. is in a closely related field, a Masters degree, or Clinical Doctorate in Communication Disorders is required); meet qualifications for appointment as a tenured full professor in the department (rank of associate professor with a minimum of three years at that rank will be considered); possess strong written and oral communication skills; have a record of excellence in research and teaching; have evidence of relevant institutional administrative experience and managerial skills; show evidence of ability to foster a collegial working atmosphere.
Submit letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and unofficial transcripts (undergraduate and graduate combined) to: http://jobs.nmsu.edu/postings/32515
Department will request letters of recommendation from references listed in the application. Inquiries can be addressed to Deborah Rhein at email@example.com. This NMSU job posting will close and screening of applications will begin on March 1, 2020. This search will continue until the position is filled.
New Mexico State University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Contact Name : Deborah Rhein
Contact Address : PO Box 30001,Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 1-575-646-4313
Instructions : Submit letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and unofficial transcripts (undergraduate and graduate combined) to: http://jobs.nmsu.edu/postings/32515
Application Deadline : 3/1/2020