Director of Clinical Education
Appointment: Rank of Lecturer or Assistant Professor, Renewable-Term Appointment, 12 month.
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology, or Communication Sciences & Disorders.
- ASHA Certification (CCC-SLP/CCC-A), eligibility for Virginia licensure in Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology.
- Experience as a clinical educator/preceptor of graduate students in communication sciences and disorders.
- Experience with managing clinical professionals and support staff.
- Knowledge of operation of a clinic setting providing services in audiology and speech-language pathology.
- Experience with fiscal management and billing practices.
James Madison University is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, faculty, staff, constituents and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components of an outstanding education in keeping with our mission. The university is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality.
Contact Name : Carol Dudding, Search Committee Chair
Contact Address : College of Health and Behavioral Studies
James Madison University
235 Martin Luther King Jr Way
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 540-568-6440
Instructions : Candidates should apply online via JMU JobLink and provide:
Cover letter or letter of interest
Contact information for a minimum of three professional references.
Statement on philosophy of clinical education as it applies to students in both the audiology and speech-language pathology programs (as “Other Document #1”).
Statement of Inclusive Excellence; candidates are asked to address their commitment, engagement, and leadership related to diversity, access, and inclusion.