Director of Clinical Education
Carlow University invites applications for the position of full-time Director of Clinical Education in the new Master’s degree program in Speech-Language Pathology, scheduled to begin in 2021. This is a 12-month appointment with an anticipated start date of Spring 2020.
The Director of Clinical Education will be responsible for developing and coordinating all clinical practicum experiences for matriculating graduate students; directing the on-campus Speech-Language Pathology Clinic; collaborating with the program director in designing the clinical curriculum; designing opportunities for clinical educator training; securing and maintaining accreditation standards related to clinical education; and engaging in clinical teaching.
The Director of Clinical Education will play a pivotal role in designing a diverse, quality-controlled clinical externship program for matriculating students including developing partnerships with off-campus speech-language pathologists and externship sites, ensuring clinical educator training practices, and creating unique clinical teaching-learning opportunities for students, such as study abroad, service learning activities, experiential learning, and tele-supervision experiences.
We seek an innovative leader with the following qualifications:
- Doctorate Preferred, Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology is required;
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology from the American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association (CCC-SLP) is required;
- Licensure, or eligible for licensure, in Pennsylvania;
- Demonstrate a minimum of 2 hours of professional development in clinical education in accordance with the new 2020 speech-language pathology certification standards;
- A minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in the discipline of speech-language pathology;
- A minimum of 5 years of clinical education experience;
- Familiarity with CAA accreditation standards;
- Demonstrate a record of clinical teaching, scholarship, and/or service to the profession;
- Show enthusiasm to engage in scholarship and professional development opportunities specific to the area of clinical education;
- Exhibit knowledge and skills in the areas of evidence-based models of care, inter-professional education, critical thinking as it pertains to the clinical teaching-learning environment, and clinical teaching models;
- Experience working with a diverse range of clients and students
Founded in 1929 by the Sisters of Mercy, Carlow University is a private, Catholic university whose mission is to offer transformational educational opportunities for a diverse community of learners and empower them to excel in their chosen work as compassionate, responsible leaders in the creation of a just and merciful world. With approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students in four colleges, Carlow University is renowned for supporting an innovative learning environment whereby its foundational values of mercy, hospitality, service, discovery, and sacredness of creation are held paramount. Carlow University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and is located within the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh, PA.
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward the University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or commitment, maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and professional obligations.
The full and complete application should include:
- Cover letter outlining your experience in clinical education as a speech-language pathologist and your interest in Carlow University;
- A complete CV outlining your scholarship, teaching, and service experiences;
- 2 professional letters of reference
- Submit all application materials at the following link: https://www.carlow.edu/Employment.aspx
Review of applications will begin immediately, but applications will continue to be accepted until an exceptional candidate is identified. Salary and rank will be commensurate with credentials and experience.
Contact Name : Amber Tepper
Contact Address : 3333 Fifth Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 412-578-6272
Instructions : Apply on Carlow University's Website at : https://www.carlow.edu/Employment.aspx