Director of Clinical Education
Salus University, founded as the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in 1919, today is a diversified, globally recognized professional academic center of learning that offers a wide range of degree programs in the professions of Optometry, Audiology, Physician Assistant, Public Health, Education and Rehabilitation for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Biomedicine, Occupational Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology. Salus operates four clinical facilities in the Philadelphia area that provide highly specialized vision, hearing and balance, and speech-language pathology services. The University has more than 1,100 students, including PhD candidates, and more than 12,500 alumni worldwide. For more information, please visit www.salus.edu.
Salus University is seeking a dynamic professional to fill the position of Director of Clinical Education for the Speech-Language Pathology Department at Salus University.
- Procure, maintain and evaluate internal and external clinical education and training sites in speech-language pathology (SLP) using local, state, regional and national resources.
- Prepare, develop, and coordinate legal contracts and related items.
- Develop clinical practicum course objectives, course materials, and educational experiences that promote optimal learning for the SLP students in the diagnosis and treatment of speech, language and swallowing disorders.
- Develop and maintain a clinic schedule for on-campus clinic sites.
- Oversee internal and external clinical practicum sites including establishing new practicum sites, placing students in various sites and conducting periodic site visits and reviews.
- Hire, orient and train internal and external SLP clinical practicum supervisors and administrative staff.
- Teach clinical and didactic courses and seminars, integrating evidence-based practice into the application of diagnostic and rehabilitative procedures while engaging in student advisement and maintaining documentation of SLP students’ records for future state licensure and certification by ASHA.
- Assist the Chair/Program Director with preparation of reports.
- Market on-campus clinical services to the general public by developing a marketing plan and related printed/electronic marketing materials.
- Develop an ongoing quality assurance plan, participate in institutional planning and committee work and assist in securing extramural funding for the SLP program.
- Earned Master’s or Doctorate degree from an accredited institute of higher education
- Certification in Speech-Language Pathology by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (CCC-SLP)
- Licensure or licensure eligibility in Speech-Language Pathology in Pennsylvania
- Documented expertise in supervising SLP graduate students and/or clinical fellows
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Documented experience in area(a) of teaching responsibility and knowledge of content delivery methods including web-supported classes and distance learned as well as in administration
- Five (5) years of experience as a SLP clinical director or clinical practicum supervisor
Salus University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women/Minorities/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability or other legally protected status.
Contact Name : Robert W. Serianni, MS, CCC-SLP
Contact Address : Department of Speech Pathology, College of Education and Rehabilitation, Salus University, 8360 Old York Road, Elkins Park, PA 19027
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 215-780-3107
Instructions : Apply online at: https://www.salus.edu/About/Human-Resources/Employment-Opportunities.aspx
Application Deadline : 6/30/2020