The Trine University Masters of Science in Speech Language Pathology Program (MS-SLP) Director of Clinical Education (DCE) reports to the Program Director and will have the opportunity to help build a top tier clinical education program for the MS-SLP with the full support of the University. The College of Health Professions is committed to educational excellence, producing outstanding graduates, and making a positive impact on the health care needs of our communities through service, leadership and scholarship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the design, plan, implementation and assessment of clinical education and other aspects of the MS-SLP program.
- Provide ongoing coordination and evaluation of clinical education curriculum.
- Teach two academic courses each year.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget for the operation of the clinical education curriculum.
- Cultivate and grow relationships with clinical partners throughout Northeast Indiana to ensure students have sufficient practicum and externship sites.
- Serve on program, college, and/or University committees as assigned.
- Engage in scholarship and service activities consistent with University and accreditation requirements.
- Advise and mentor students.
Education and/or Experience
- A master’s degree required, a Ph. D. or Ed. D. preferred
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills to ensure quality learning experiences for students, and effective collaboration with clinical partners.
- Candidates must be ASHA certified, licensed or eligible to be licensed as a speech language pathologist in the State of Indiana, able to travel, and have experience supervising students in clinical education activities, either in the academic or clinical environment.
- Proven record of teaching excellence.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with MS-SLP program development, administration, and ASHA accreditation.
Please visit: https://trine.edu/human-resources/careers/clinical-director-.aspx for more information and to apply for the position.
Contact Name : Trine University
Contact Address : Fort Wayne, Indiana
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 260-665-4991
Instructions : Apply online at trine.edu/human-resources/careers
Application Deadline : 4/12/2021