Director of Clinical Education
Saint Mary’s College in Notre Dame, IN is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as Director of Clinical Education – Speech Language Pathology. Responsibilities of the position are overseeing clinical education components of undergraduate and graduate students in speech language pathology. This is a full-time, 12-month position with an anticipated start date of January 1, 2022.
Founded by the Sisters of the Holy Cross in 1844, Saint Mary’s College promotes a life of intellectual vigor, aesthetic appreciation, religious sensibility, and social responsibility. Saint Mary’s is a Catholic, residential, women’s, liberal arts college offering undergraduate degrees and co-educational graduate programs.
A pioneer in the education of women, the College fosters an inclusive, academic community where students discover and develop their talents as they prepare to make a difference in the world. All members of the College contribute to this mission in their response to the complex needs and challenges of contemporary life.
Saint Mary’s College is located in the rich academic environment of the greater South Bend, IN area. This includes the University of Notre Dame, Bethel College, Goshen College, Holy Cross College, Indiana University-South Bend, Ivy Tech Community College, and Purdue College of Technology at South Bend.
· A master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology required
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills to ensure quality learning experiences for students, and effective collaboration with clinical partners.
· ASHA certified, licensed or eligible to be licensed as a speech language pathologist in the State of Indiana
· A minimum of 4 years of clinical experience in the field of speech language pathology
· Experience supervising students in clinical education activities, either in the academic or clinical environment
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
· Maintain and grow relationships with clinical partners throughout Northern Indiana and Southern Michigan to ensure students have sufficient practicum and externship sites (and nationally)
· Acts as the public representative of the Judd Leighton Speech and Language Clinic.
· Contribute and coordinate continuing education and professional development program for on and off campus clinical supervisors
· Coordinate and lead the implementation and assessment of clinical education and other aspects of the MS-SLP program
· Contribute to SLP program assessment and program adherence to accreditation standards
· Coordinate and align the evaluation of supervision activities on and off campus
· Provide ongoing coordination and evaluation of clinical education curriculum.
· Teach Clinical Practicum courses associated with student participation in clinic
· Establish, maintain, and update electronic health records for Judd Leighton Speech and Language Clinic
· Assist in the development of the annual budget for the operation of the clinical education curriculum.
· Directly supervise student clinicians in clinical practicum
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
· The ideal candidate will have experience with MS-SLP program development, administration, and ASHA accreditation
· Familiarity with CFCC standards
· Prior experience in a leadership role in health services, education, or college environment.
· Ability to project a positive public image.
· Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders (ex. clients, families, faculty, students, college administration, community).
· Assist organization and participate in department and advisory board meetings
Interested candidates should submit a 1) Letter of application 2) Resume or curriculum vita 3) a list of three references. In the submitted material, please address evidence of clinical teaching experience and effectiveness. Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire. Review of materials will begin June 1.
Electronic applications are preferred and may be sent to:
Carla Youngdahl, Ph.D. CCC-SLP
Chair, Department of Speech Language Pathology
45 Madeleva Hall
Notre Dame, IN 46556
Saint Mary's College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In keeping with the College's mission, Saint Mary's is committed to increasing its diversity at all levels--students, faculty, and staff--and seeks applications from candidates who share this commitment. All faith traditions are welcome among our administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
Contact Name : Susan Latham
Contact Address : Saint Mary's College, 320 Spes Unica Hall Box 95, Notre Dame, IN 46556
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 574-284-4686
Application Deadline : 8/31/2021