FULL-TIME AUDIOLOGIST (CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR) POSITION
The Roxelyn and Richard Pepper Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Northwestern University is searching for a clinical faculty member in audiology. The successful applicant will hold a position of clinical assistant professor and will be responsible for provision of clinical care, development of graduate students, and support of research and educational missions of the Department’s Center for Audiology, Speech, Language, and Learning and the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders.
The position will be housed in the Center for Audiology, Speech, Language, and Learning located on Northwestern’s Evanston campus. The Center provides specialized care to Northwestern University and Chicago-area community members and serves as an exceptional educational setting for graduate students. The successful candidate will have interests in working primarily with the adult population and developing and expanding clinical programs.
The Center has strong partnerships with world-renowned research scientists housed within the Northwestern University Communication and Sciences Disorders Department. The successful candidate may engage in research-related activities, including, but not limited to, assisting in participant recruitment, chart review, eligibility determination and obtaining informed consents.
Employment term: An 11-month appointment. The appointment may be renewed on an annual basis.
- Earned AuD degree
- Eligibility for Illinois Audiology licensure
- Minimum of five years’ clinical experience
- Certification or training in precepting students is preferred, but not required
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence is preferred, but not required
- Provide high quality evidence-based clinical audiologic services to a primarily adult population for the purpose of preventing, identifying, and treating hearing and balance disorders.
- Develop the clinical skills of graduate students via direct instruction and supervision within a team-based educational model.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and revisions of the clinical curriculum of student development.
- Participate in research activities for funded and non-funded research projects
- Assist in student advising and other activities related to student development.
- Participate in professional activities and service to the University, community, and the profession.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Application procedure: Send cover letter describing your clinical interests, teaching and research experience, a current vita (including e-mail address), and three letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to CSD Audiologist/Clinical Assistant Professor Position Search, Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, 2240 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208. For more information about clinical services, please visit https://nucasll.northwestern.edu/ and for more information about the Department, please visit https://communication.northwestern.edu/communication-sciences-and-disorders/.
The University: Northwestern University is one of the nation’s largest private research universities. The main campus is located in Evanston and the medical campus is located 12 miles south in Chicago. Both campuses are located on the shore of Lake Michigan. There is continuing expansion of University facilities and programs, particularly in the sciences and medicine. Diverse cultural, social, and recreational activities abound on and near each campus.
Contact Name : Pamela Souza
Contact Address : 2240 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60201
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 847-491-3066
Application Deadline : 10/31/2021