Full-Time Tenure Track Academic Faculty-Speech-Language Pathology
Carlow University invites applications for a full-time tenure-track faculty position in the NEW Master of Science Program in Speech-Language Pathology, scheduled to be launched in the Fall 2021. This is a 9-month appointment with an anticipated start date as early as Fall 2020. We will consider applicants with any area of specialty in speech-language pathology.
These appointments will be responsible for teaching graduate level coursework, mentoring student research, providing clinical supervision in on and off-site clinical placements, and making contributions to the curricular and overall program design. All faculty members are expected to contribute to university, college, and program level service, including graduate student advisement; engage in scholarly activity and professional development; and, support the university, college, and program missions and visions.
We seek innovative candidates with the following qualifications:
- Doctorate is required (e.g. PhD, EdD) in communication sciences and disorders or closely related field. ABD applicants whose PhD will be completed prior to the start date are eligible to apply.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology from the American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association (CCC-SLP) is required;
- Licensure, or eligible for licensure, in Pennsylvania;
- Demonstrate a minimum of 2 hours of professional development in clinical education in accordance with the new 2020 speech-language pathology certification standards;
- Demonstrate record of teaching, service, and scholarship;
- Experience with interprofessional collaborative education/practice, online education, innovative learning platforms (e.g. high technology simulation, use of standardized patients) and pedagogical methodologies, accreditation and certification standards, grant-writing, and research development preferred.
The full and complete application should include:
- Letter of interest outlining your qualifications for the position;
- A complete and current curriculum vita outlining your scholarship, teaching, and service experiences
- Names and contacts for three professional references;
- Copies of transcripts
To apply, please visit: https://www.carlow.edu/Employment.aspx
Review of applications will begin immediately, but applications will continue to be accepted until two exceptional candidates are identified. Salary and rank will be commensurate with credentials and experience.
Founded in 1929 by the Sisters of Mercy, Carlow University is a private, Catholic university whose mission is to offer transformational educational opportunities for a diverse community of learners and empower them to excel in their chosen work as compassionate, responsible leaders in the creation of a just and merciful world. With approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students in four colleges, Carlow University is renowned for supporting an innovative learning environment whereby its foundational values of mercy, hospitality, service, discovery, and sacredness of creation are held paramount. Carlow University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and is located within the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh, PA.
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward the University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or commitment, maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and professional obligations.
Carlow University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity empmloyr by choice. We value diversity and we are committed to the recruitiment of underrepresented groups.
Contact Name : Amber Tepper, Human Resources
Contact Address : Carlow University, 3333 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 412-578-6272
Instructions : To apply for this position, please visit: https://www.carlow.edu/Employment.aspx