Full-Time Tenure Track Faculty Position
Carlow University invites applications for a full-time tenure track faculty position in the Master of Science Program in Speech-Language Pathology. This is a 9 month position wtih an anticipated start date is August 15, 2023. We seek applicants with clinical and/or research expertise in medical speech-language pathology, aphasia, cognitive-communication disorders, and/or motor speech disorders. Academic rank and salary are commensurate with educational preparation and experience.
This appointment will be responsible for teaching, mentoring student research, teaching clinical diagnostic coursework, providing clinical supervision in on and off-site clinical placements, and contributing to the curricular and overall program design. All faculty members are expected to contribute to university, college, and program level service, including graduate student advisement; engage in scholarly activity and professional development; and support the university, college, and program missions and visions.
We seek innovative candidates with the following qualifications:
- Doctorate is required in communication sciences and disorders or closely related fields. ABD candidates are eligible to apply.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology from the American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association (CCC-SLP) is required.
- Licensure, or eligible for licensure, in Pennsylvania.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 2 hours of professional development in clinical education in accordance with the new 2020 speech-language pathology certification standards
- Demonstrate a record of teaching, service, and scholarship.
- Experience with interprofessional collaborative education/practice, online education, innovative learning platforms (e.g. high technology simulation, use of standardized patients) and pedagogical methodologies, accreditation and certification standards, grant-writing, and research development preferred.
The full and complete application should include:
- Letter of interest outlining your qualifications for the position.
- A complete and current curriculum vitae (CV) outlining your scholarship, teaching, and service experiences.
- Names and contacts for three professional references.
- Copies of transcripts
How to apply:
To apply click here A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. CHW is committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community. Candidates with experience working with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students who can contribute to the climate of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences in these areas. Carlow University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About Carlow University:
Founded in 1929 by the Sisters of Mercy, Carlow University is a private Catholic university whose mission is to offer transformational educational opportunities for a diverse community of learners and empower them to excel in their chosen work as compassionate, responsible leaders in the creation of a just and merciful world. With approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students in two colleges, Carlow University is renowned for supporting an innovative learning environment whereby its foundational values of mercy, hospitality, service, discovery, and sacredness of creation are held paramount. Carlow University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and is located within the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh, PA.
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward the University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or commitment, maintain confidentiality, and comply with legal and professional obligations.
About the College of Health and Wellness:
The College of Health and Wellness at Carlow University offers a broad range of programs at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels. The College is comprised of outstanding health career programs, including, Nursing, Physician Assistant, Speech-Language Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Public Health, Health Care Data Analytics, and Health Care Management. These programs are designed to prepare graduates for impactful careers as healthcare providers or indirect healthcare professionals who engage in healthcare policy, advocacy, education and leadership, and managing healthcare systems and patient data. Students in clinical programs receive hands-on training in the College’s Celtic Center for Simulation and Innovation and in our many specialty practice labs. Clinical placement in many of the region’s leading clinical facilities allows our students to apply their developing skills in real-world settings. We offer small class sizes and a student-centered environment that embraces our Mercy Mission and the values of caring, social justice, and lifelong learning.
Contact Name : Samantha Dalessio, CScD, CCC-SLP
Contact Address : 3333 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA, 15213
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 412-578-6102
Instructions : Please visit: https://www.carlow.edu/about/employment/ to submit an application.
The full and complete application should include:
1. Letter of interest outlining your qualifications for the position.
2. A complete and current curriculum vitae (CV) outlining your scholarship, teaching, and service experiences.
3. Names and contacts for three professional references.
4. Copies of transcripts
Application Deadline : 4/15/2023