Instructor/Assistant Professor (non-tenure track) Speech-Language Pathology
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN KNOXVILLE, TN
The Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Knoxville, TN invites applications for the 12-month, full-time non-tenure track position of Pediatric Language Clinic Coordinator with qualifications equivalent to Instructor/Assistant Professor (rank to be commensurate with education and credentials). Working under the direct supervision of Department administration, primary duties include 1) coordination of an ongoing grant awarded to the Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology by Tennessee’s Early Intervention System to provide early intervention for at-risk and autistic children and their families; 2) provision of early intervention services to at-risk and autistic children and their families; 3) supervision of students in the MS-SLP program as they provide early intervention for at-risk and autistic children and their families; 4) facilitation of and participation in research related to autism and/or early intervention; 4) service to the community, institution, and profession; 5) other duties as assigned.
- ASHA certification (CCC-SLP)
- Eligibility for TN state licensure
- Minimum degree at the Master’s level (M.A./M.S.) in SLP
- Minimum of two years demonstrated experience with and knowledge of treatment for young children on the autism spectrum and their families
- Ability to supervise and train students and staff in clinical skills necessary for the treatment of clinic patients.
- Administrative experience including, but not limited to, grant administration and clinic management.
- Area of specialization in early intervention.
- Experience with diagnosis and treatment in the areas of speech-language disorders, autism and complex communication needs.
- Experience as an SLP clinic preceptor.
- Minimum of five years experience.
For more information, please visit the Pediatric Language Clinic web page, http://www.uthsc.edu/asp/clinical/sls/asd.php, and the web page of the Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology, http://www.uthsc.edu/asp/
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and admissions without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
Contact Name : Devin Casenhiser, PhD
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions : Complete applications should be submitted via this link:
Please include the following:
1. Cover Letter that outlines qualifications and credentials, experience, and accomplishments.
2. Updated Curriculum Vitae
3. Names and addresses (including email) of three professional references.
References will not be contacted immediately.
Applicants will be informed if/when references will be contacted.
Questions can be directed to the chair of the search committee Devin Casenhiser, PhD, Associate Professor and Program Director (email@example.com).
Review of completed applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.