Instructor I – Speech Language Pathology Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders
Position Description: The University of South Florida (USF) Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders is seeking two, twelve-month Instructors of Speech-Language Pathology. Persons in these positions may be responsible for providing clinical and/or academic instruction such as supervision to MS-SLP students in clinical practice in a university-based, billing clinic and/or developing and teaching graduate and undergraduate courses (both residential and on-line) with a focus in speech pathology. Additional responsibilities also include providing service to the university through faculty governance at the department, college, and/or university level and providing service outside the university to the community and/or profession. The applicant must be licensed to practice in Florida (or have applied for that licensing) before the position start date. The position will begin in August 9, 2021. The application deadline is March 31, 2021. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Masters in Speech Language Pathology with CCC-SLP.
• Eligible for Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC-SLP)
• Licensure or eligible for License for Florida Speech Pathology License
• Must meet university criteria for appointment to the rank of Instructor
• Experience in documentation and assessment of student performance (ASHA Knowledge & Skills Assessment)
• Experience supervising students/interns
• More than 5 years’ experience in the field
• Administrative experience in a billing clinic
• Demonstrated experience of implementation of evidence-based practice
• Interest in potential for research and intradepartmental collaboration
• Teaching experience both in-person and on-line graduate and undergraduate courses in a speech-language pathology program at an accredited University
Since 1967, the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders has been training future speech-language pathologists and audiologists, providing speech and hearing services to the Tampa Bay community. The Department trains future professionals and serves the Tampa Bay community through the USF Hearing Clinic, USF Speech-Language Clinic, Bolesta Center at USF (Listening and Spoken Language Center), Hands On USF (sign language interpreting service), and the Global Center for Hearing and Speech Research. Further information about our programs are available at www.usf.edu/cbcs/csd
To apply for this position, applicants must apply through the USF online application system at:
www.usf.edu/work-at-usf and search for Job ID 26586. A cover letter describing your interest in the position and CV are required. For questions regarding the position, please contact Search Committee Chair Dr. Steven Surrency at email@example.com.
Contact Name : Steven Surrency
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline : 3/31/2021