MGH IHP Instructor/Assistant Professor for new SLPD program
Post-Professional SLPD Program, MGH IHP in Boston, MA.
ABOUT MGH INSTITUTE:
MGH Institute of Health Professions is a graduate school in Boston that provides entry-level and post-professional programs in Nursing, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Genetic Counseling, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Physician Assistant Studies. The PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences and a PhD and Master of Science in Health Professions Education have been added in recent years to meet rising demand for highly educated health care professionals, educators, and researchers. Integrating classroom learning with research and clinical experience, the Institute grants doctoral degrees and master's degrees, awards certificates of advanced study, and offers continuing education to practicing professionals.
The IHP is the only degree-granting affiliate in Mass General Brigham (MGB), the largest private employer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Institute has been recognized multiple times by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a “Great College to Work For.” A leading health sciences educational institution, MGH Institute provides students with outstanding academic programs, many of which are ranked among the best in the nation.
MGH Institute of Health Professions has announced an organization-wide anti-racism initiative to think boldly about race and bring together all members of the IHP community to address systemic racial injustice as well as oppression more broadly. The plan seeks to create a supportive and inclusive campus environment and better support the diverse communities the school serves. We are excited about this new initiative and are hiring employees who are committed to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion and will contribute to our anti-racism and anti-oppression approach.
In January of 2021, the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at IHP launched a new clinical doctorate in speech-language pathology program (SLPD), becoming one of only 9 such programs in the country. We will be enrolling our first cohort of students in the fall of 2021. The full-time Instructor or Assistant Professor in the Doctor of Speech Language Pathology Program will be responsible for course development, teaching and evaluation, student mentoring and advising, developing collaborative opportunities with other health professions, and contributing to interprofessional education within the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences. This position will include recruitment and training of Capstone Project mentors, as well as recruiting and mentoring students themselves. This position will include select service on program committees and participation in scholarly/research activities. This position is available with a remote option, requiring on-campus visits as needed at infrequent necessary student / departmental events (e.g. on-site orientation, commencement).
- Teach 1-2 courses per semester as appropriate
- Develop curriculum for the post-professional program
- Work with Instructional Design and Instructional Technology to develop program courses
- Provide mentorship and advising to students as part of the Capstone Courses and Project
- Assist program faculty and staff in creating a culture of inclusivity and equity
- Maintain academic standards and policies
- Engage in scholarship as required by all faculty
Administrative & Service (25%):
- Assist Program Director with managing term lecturers and program manager as needed
- Establish and encourage mutually beneficial collaborations with other clinical, research, and academic facilities
- Build and maintain communication with alumni and other friends of the program, as well as local, state, and national professional associations
- Maintain an atmosphere of collegiality, support, and encouragement for diligence, creative effort, and professional excellence among faculty, staff, and students
- Assist Program Director, the Office of Enrollment Services and Office of Student and Alumni Services with the implementation of student recruitment and retention strategies
- Assist Program Director, Program Manager, and Office of Strategic Communication with program specific social media campaigns
- Assists Program Director with overseeing term-lecturers and program manager as needed
- A minimum of 5 years of clinical practice experience with recent clinical practice experience preferred
- Earned research or clinical doctorate in speech-language pathology or highly related field, e.g. rehabilitation sciences, education (Ph.D. or SLPD)
- ASHA CCC-SLP and Massachusetts state SLP License or ability to obtain
- Demonstrated achievement in teaching; experience with online course development and teaching highly preferred
- Strong commitment to interprofessional education in the health professions
- Strong commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion issues within the field of speech-language pathology
- Commitment to flexibility and collaboration in a changing health career environment
The application review process will begin immediately and will continue until April 23,2021. Please include a CV, cover letter, and a diversity statement that addresses: 1) what diversity means to you, 2) how your thinking about diversity, equity, and inclusion has actively influenced your teaching, research, and/or scholarship, and 3) what role you believe that advising and mentoring play in working with diverse populations. Lastly, please submit a list of three references who may be contacted.
Apply online through www.mghihp.edu/job-search. The job ID 3150887.
The MGH Institute of Health Professions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We welcome nominations and applications from individuals who would bring diversity of experience, thought and practice to the Institute’s research, teaching and clinical missions. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
MGH IHP Address
The Institute campus is in the Charlestown Navy Yard region of Boston (Address: 36 First Avenue, Charlestown Navy Yard, Boston, MA 02129.) This position is available with a primarily remote option.
Contact Name : Marjorie Nicholas
Contact Address : 36 First Avenue, MGH Institute of Health Professions, Charlestown Navy Yard, Boston MA 02129
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 6177944268
Instructions : Apply online through www.mghihp.edu/job-search. The job ID 3150887.
Application Deadline : 4/30/2021