MGH Institute CSD Instructor/Asst. Professor
12-month CSD Faculty position
Supervisor in the Speech, Language, and Literacy Center
Located in the historic Charlestown Navy Yard in Boston, the MGH Institute of Health Professions is an autonomous graduate school affiliated with Mass General Brigham, which includes the Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass Eye and Ear, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Spaulding Rehabilitation Network, as well as a physician’s network, community health centers, and other healthcare entities. These affiliations offer unparalleled opportunities for faculty and students to learn and work alongside expert practitioners and scientists in a variety of hospital, clinical and community settings.
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders is seeking an innovative and dynamic individual who will join our master’s program faculty, primarily working at our onsite Speech, Language, and Literacy Center. The CSD Department faculty work together with faculty and students in the other programs within the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (SHRS), including programs in Occupation Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, Genetic Counseling, and PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences, as well as with students ad faculty in the School of Nursing (SON).
MGH Institute has an organization-wide initiative to think boldly about justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion and bring together all members of the IHP community to address systemic racial injustice as well as oppression more broadly. As part of this initiative, we are hiring employees who are committed to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion and will contribute to our anti-racism and anti-oppression approach.
This open faculty position is for a full-time CSD faculty member who will supervise first-year graduate students as they gain clinical experience working with clients in the Speech, Language and Literacy center (SLLC) in the Impact Practice Center during the fall, spring, and summer semesters. The faculty member will provide mentorship and direct education in clinical assessment and intervention techniques primarily with pediatric clients but also with some adults seen in the SLLC.
Clinical Teaching (70%):
- Provide clinical teaching and mentorship as well as supervision of clinical sessions for up to 10-12 graduate students each semester in their clinical work with clients in the SLLC at the Impact Practice Center
- Lead weekly clinical team meetings with all supervisees
- Assist as appropriate with clinical teaching in the weekly seminar course associated with the first two semesters of clinical practicum courses
- Provide mentorship and advising to graduate students in the CSD master’s program
- Assist program faculty and staff in creating a culture of inclusivity and equity
- Maintain academic standards and policies
There are opportunities for additional teaching in required or elective courses of the master’s program curriculum, depending on areas of expertise and teaching experience.
- Engage in scholarship as required by all faculty, including but not limited to presenting at local, regional or national conferences, engaging in research team opportunities such as the RAMP program at the Institute, and additional scholarly activities involving dissemination in area of expertise.
- Provide service to the profession, the CSD department or the Institute by serving on committees and task forces as appropriate.
- Master’s degree in SLP
- ASHA CCC-SLP and Massachusetts state SLP License
- Minimum of two years of experience in clinical supervision of graduate students in SLP
- Demonstrated expertise in pediatric language and literacy disorders and intervention techniques for these disorders
- Strong commitment to interprofessional education in the health professions
- Strong commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion within the field of speech-language pathology
Application and Contact Information:
Applicants should apply online at www.mghihp.edu/job-search to job ID number 3192817. A cover letter, CV and the names and contact information of at least 3 references can also be submitted to:
Lesley Maxwell, MS CCC-SLP
Associate Chair, Dept. of CSD
MGH Institute of Health Professions
Charlestown Navy Yard
36 1st Avenue
Boston, MA 02129
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The MGH Institute of Health Professions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We welcome nominations and applications from individuals who would bring diversity of experience, thought and practice to the Institute’s research, teaching and clinical missions. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Contact Name : Lesley Maxwell
Contact Address : MGH Institute of Health Professions
36 1st Avenue
Charlestown Navy Yard
Boston, MA 02129
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 617 726 0685
Instructions : Applicants should apply online at www.mghihp.edu/job-search to job ID number 3192817.
Application Deadline : 4/30/2022