Northern Illinois University
We are inviting applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the assistant professor level in the school’s Audiology program. This is a full-time, nine-month, promotable, tenure-track Audiology Faculty position.
• Teach academic coursework in the area of Audiology.
• Engage in scholarly activity, e.g., research publications, presentations, grants, and mentor student research.
• Provide student advisement and support student research.
• Positively contribute to committee service within the university (program, school, college, university levels) and profession.
• Earned Ph.D. in Audiology, Hearing Sciences, or closely related field from an accredited institution. All but dissertation (ABD) candidates may be considered but all degree requirements must be completed within one year of appointment. Contract will be contingent on completion of doctoral degree.
• Exhibit evidence of an active program of research within the field of Audiology.
• Skills in research and teaching that will complement Audiology program’s existing strengths.
• Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills and evidence of excellence in university teaching.
• Desire and ability to teach academic and clinical skills to students, and work with a diverse team of faculty and staff members.
• Ability to communicate effectively and interact in a positive manner with faculty, staff, patients, students, and clinicians as well as with people of varying economic and cultural backgrounds.
• Be eligible for IL licensure and must follow NIU’s immunization policies.
• Ability to lead research projects and mentor students in one of the following specialty area(s): aural rehabilitation, balance, pediatrics, or tinnitus.
• Experience developing grants for programmatic research and/or professional service.
• Prior teaching experiences.
See http://employment.niu.edu/postings/48166 for more information.
Contact Name : Lara Lyles
Contact Address : School of Allied Health and Communicative Disorders, DeKalb, IL 60115
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 815-753-6508
Instructions : Please submit application and documents through NIU online employment system at http://employment.niu.edu/postings/48166 by December 15, 2019. Review of completed applications will begin the following day; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Application Deadline : 12/15/2019