Open Rank Faculty Position (Dallas/Austin, TX)
The MS-SLP program at the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is accepting applications for full-time (12-month) academic core faculty positions for Assistant, Associate, or full Professor for the Austin and Dallas campuses. PhD or EdD and expertise in core areas of speech-language pathology required. Start date negotiable.
The MS-SLP program is hybrid with online academic coursework and face-to-face delivery during residency weeks. The program is delivered from the Austin, TX campus and the Dallas, TX campus where faculty are based in person full-time. The MS-SLP program is housed in the College of Rehabilitation Sciences that includes Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy.
A selection of the duties required for this position include:
- Online teaching instruction (2 courses per trimester)
- Contribute to teaching and supervision of clinical skills during on-campus residencies
- Serves as an academic advisor to MS-SLP graduate students
- Participate in interprofessional and collaborative practice events
- Establishes and implements an approved scholarship plan/faculty development plan as required by accreditation and university standards
- Serves on programmatic and university committees as assigned
- Actively participates in his/her professional association
- Serves as university liaison in community and/or professional activities
- Participates in university governance, curriculum planning, and functions to support development and growth of the institution
- Designing, implementing, and refining various aspects of the MS-SLP program
- Participates in MS-SLP admissions process
- Provides other administrative duties as assigned
- Terminal degree (PhD or EdD)
- ASHA certification and Texas state license or license eligible.
- Experience/expertise in core disorder areas in speech-language pathology preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of teaching experience at the college/university level at Instructor rank preferred.
- Experience with distance learning preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in the area of course content required.
- Experience in scholarly activity preferred.
Contact Name : Meghan Savage
Contact Address : 5401 LaCrosse Ave
Austin, TX 78739
5010 Riverside Drive
Irving, TX 75039
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 7372023374
Instructions : We will be at ASHA this year if you would like to meet up! Please email Meghan Savage at email@example.com.
To apply please see the link below.
Application Deadline : 4/21/2023