Open Rank Faculty – Speech Language Pathology
The Department of Communication Sciences of Disorders is undergoing a period of growth in its faculty and invites applications for one 9-Month Open Rank (Assistant/Associate/Professor) and one 9-Month Assistant Professor in Speech-Language Pathology. Commensurate with rank, successful applicants will demonstrate strong teaching skills, a clear research agenda, a history of research productivity, and a commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the academic community. Responsibilities of the position include teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level, scholarship, student mentoring, and service to the department, college, university, community, and profession. All areas of expertise in Speech-Language Pathology will be considered. A Ph.D. in Communication Sciences and Disorders or a related field is required.
• Ph.D. in Communication Sciences and Disorders or related discipline from an accredited institution.
• Demonstrated record of achievement in teaching, academic research, and service, commensurate with experience.
• Must meet university criteria for appointment to the rank of Assistant Professor, or for Associate or Full Professor for the open-rank position.
Preferred Qualifications (commensurate with rank):
• History of funding with evidence of a sustainable research program
• Evidence of research productivity
• Potential for interdisciplinary research collaboration
• Mentoring experience
• Eligibility for CCC-SLP, or evidence of clinical expertise consistent with SLP Masters-level course topics.
How to Apply
To apply, applicants must apply through the USF online application system at www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers and search for Job ID 32112. Please submit:
• Cover Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Statements of:
a. Teaching experience and philosophy
b. 5-year research plan
c. Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• 2 Letters of Recommendation
• The anticipated start date is August 7, 2023.
• Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications & experience.
• For questions about the position, please contact the Search Committee Chair, Dr. Cathy Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org
• This position is open until filled but the first review of applications will begin on or around November 7, 2022.
CSD is well positioned within the University to continue its positive trajectory. CSD is housed within the College of Behavioral and Community Sciences (CBCS). CBCS is a research-intensive college committed to community-based work derived from evidenced-based practices. This strong ethos of research-to-practice positions CSD well to achieve its mission of “Creating pathways to communication by bridging research to practice.” Moreover, shared interests among departments of Aging Studies, Social Work, Child and Family Studies, Engineering, and Otolaryngology afford multiple opportunities for collaboration and cross-disciplinary fertilization. within the supportive College infrastructure.
CSD faculty include speech language pathologists, audiologists, sign language interpreters, scholars of Deaf culture, linguists, hearing scientists, speech scientists and psychologists. The department considers communication issues from both humanistic and medical perspectives, providing multidisciplinary perspectives on issues such as language, literacy, hearing, and speech. To do this, CSD collaborates across USF with entities such as USF Health and Biomedical Engineering.
CSD’s efforts are multifaceted. It houses multiple undergraduate and graduate programs including M.S., AU.D., Ph.D. and combined AU.D./Ph.D degree programs. Speech and Hearing Clinics provide evidence-based interventions in a context that trains students for cutting-edge clinical work in a variety of settings. Notably, the department is also home to an American Sign Language(ASL) interpreter training program, an ASL interpreter referral agency, and the Bolesta Center which provides listening and spoken language support to individuals with hearing loss across the lifespan.
Contact Name : Cathy Rogers
Contact Email : email@example.com